Never ending pain

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sseefeld, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sseefeld

sseefeld New Member

Sometimes it just feels like the pain will never end. No matter what I do it's never good enough for them. My parents dont understand how much things have changed. How i feel nothing but hurt because of them. They make me feel like a failure at life, a failure as a daughter. I dont know how long I can go on. They wonder what my problem is but why cant they see that I am hurt, I am depressed.. why wont they help me instead of hurting me. When I bring up the topic of it I get yelled at. They yell at me for being this way!! I dont know what to do
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Is there someone else hun you can talk to about being so sad. Talk to a councilor at your school a teacher someone hun that will listen and not judge you. We will listen here hun and we care but please hun reach out to someone in real life someone you trust and get some help ok call crisis line someone hugs
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Glad you are here. you have come to a great place to keep talking about things. You will find that people here do care. So please keep posting. okay?
    Can you do any of the things that Total Eclipse suggested?

It sounds like your parents cannot be the people right now who will understand you. Sometimes parents just cannot do that. But it is really important to find someone irl who can. ( still keep coming here of course). Like total eclipse said. I always recommend talking to a guidence counseller.

Also, if either of your parents drink a lot you can go to ala-teen. They can be a help.

And like Total Eclipse said, You can also google to see if there is a help hotline in your area. You can call and say you need to find support for teenagers who need help. You are worth a lot. And you deserve help. People here will help support you to find help. Keep posting here. okay? You arent alone when you are here. We will support you in getting the help you deserve
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Sometimes people are frightened of what they don't understand. With depression and mental illness, I think parents in general want to believe that it is not happening to their children and can sometimes be in denial. In the meantime, is there anybody else you can reach out to? Any friends, family members or maybe a school counsellor or a teacher if you are still at school?
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I believe that if you want help then you do deserve to get it. If your family are trying to brush the 'problem' under the carpet, perhaps you can seek help and advice elsewhere such as an aunt/uncle or therapy?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.