Never ends

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Richpit10, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richpit10

Richpit10 Well-Known Member

I've been depressed for most of my life. Had it really bad for about 10 years now. I've seen counsellors, psychiatrict nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, been to group therapy. I've made some occasional progress, but it never lasts. Depression, ocd, social anxiety.... im 27 and i feel like ive wasted my life. With every day that goes past i feel like i owe it to myself to actually LIVE, but im in too bad a shape to do it. Every day i let slip past the more pathetic i feel. I used to feel that one day id get better, be able to live like a human being and experience all the banal shit that everyone takes for granted: job, purpose, fun, love, etc but the older i get the further away it seems. Right now, i know i wont kill myself, but i wish that i could. Thats the other thing about me: im a coward. i always have been and i always will be. I honestly dont know how im going to get through tomorrow but it will probably involve a quite unhealthy amount of alcohol. But what about the next and the... What is the purpose of this rant. Nothing really. There is no point. Sort of like me

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Your still young. Breaking out of that vicious spiral your in maybe one of the hardest things you may have to do but you can do it. Have more self belief and make your life. Of course you won't get instant results but with a bit of patient and planning, you can direct your life in the path you want it to go.

3. life

life Well-Known Member

Have u read the book called THE SECRET?...In that book it says that what we think that will happen...My english isnt good but i think u should read that book...if u think that it never ends it will never end !TRUST ME its all in the mind...But i dont blame u...I cant even try to think positive ...When i started readiing that book i was shocked but when i contemplated i knew that the book said right....Try to think more positive ...do not llet negative thinking win u...You have the power in ur self and u can accomplishe everything u want in life...U can overcome ur depression social anxiety and live the life that u have dreamt of......

4. Robin

Robin Guest

It's in our nature to want to live .. as it is to wnat things to get better when they are lacking, I remember reading an aesop's fable when I was little, I won't bore you with the story but the moral was you can't change the nature of a person or creature. Right now you are fighting yourself and hating yourself for it, try to find things you like about yourself and don't let depression belittle your accomplishments. I haven't read the book that life sugested but I've done enough groups to remember being told enough that how we think can affect how we feel. It can be hard to find a positive outlook but maybe you could start by accepting your pluses and not sell yourself short as I am guessing you are prone to doing.

5. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I suppose big changes come by little steps... cliched but true nonetheless. Maybe you need to think again about college but start at a smaller step than you did before... like Further Education college etc. You could try to identify the biggest areas of dissatisfaction, think of a long term goal and a short term step to reach that goal that is more attainable but you're still making a move forward.
    Please don't give up Rich... you're a great guy with an awful lot to offer.
    lol
    me x

6. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

i read that book too and saw the movie. then when i wanted help most, it never did come.

7. Roobear

Roobear Member

I agree with what others above have said, attitude can play a big part in how you look at your life. If you feel useless than put yourself to good use. Do you think that you could do one nice helpful thing for someone else? Just try. It could be as simple as picking up something that someone else has dropped.

If you can, afterwards think about how you feel and what if you helped again and again. Eventually maybe you could volunteer with animals, children or other adults and help others in a bigger way. Then maybe the volunteering leads to a job and etc. . . just take small steps and build from there.

You can accomplish what you want, but give yourself time and remember to take baby steps. Rome really wasn't built in a day. You'll never know what your capable of unless you at least try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.