Never felt like this...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Songie, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

I think that all of us that are suicidal know what its like to go numb...i've done it for years as a way to escape my pain and my memories...but ive never felt like i have over the past few weeks. its like im numb...to everything but this mind-shattering pain...

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Sonjie,
    Have you talked to anyone profesionally?? I well know what you mean about being numb, I also go blank in my thinking like someone turned off the switch.. Keep posting here we will support you!! You can get past this..It just takes a little time.. Therapy also helps with teaching you how to cope with it...Please seek the help..

3. Polar

Polar Account Closed

Hi Songie,

I know what it's like to be numb and it's absolutely terrifying. I feel like that quite often and all which pounds me are those mind shattering thoughts you keep talking about.

Maybe try talking to somebody about what those mind shattering thoughts are. If you don't, they will just keep building up. Maybe also try a new hobby as well or do something you enjoy to take your mind off these things.

My long term suggestion though is to face this front on and find somebody you can confide in to talk about these thoughts with. I think you'll find it will help you tremendously.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Polar

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Sandra,

I have felt that way at times. Have you told anyone close to you how you're feeling? :hug:

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yep felt these feelings before and i found writing these thoughts out does help. Then give thoughts to you therapist and together work on how you can let go of them slowly over time. Please call your therapist see if you can get earlier appt and if not call crisis talk with someone who can help you get through these feelings. Your t might have to change your meds a bit too. Keep talking to us keep reaching out

6. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

Thanks everybody. Ive tried proffessional help off and on over the years...but im done trying that...it made everything worse. And yeah, ive talked to a few people close to me about it...my boyfriend and best friend. They are helpful...but it feels like they dont really understand it.

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh therapy can make things worse for awhile but you have to go through that pain to get to the other side of it. If one therapist didn't work try finding another who you can relate to better Remember only by letting that pain out can you truly heal that is what i am finding out now. God it is hard but i want rid of it for good so have to let it be rough for awhile please try again to talk to a professional take care

8. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

Ive been seeing a ton of different therapists since i was 5...im 17 now...i dont think there are any therapists anywhere near me that i havent tried...

9. Polar

Polar Account Closed

Hi Songie,

I know what it's like to go through many therapists. I have been misdiagnosed over 10 years with a combination of mental illnesses. It seems the illness which I was chiefly diagnosed I don't have.

I'm terrified to see another therapist and because I live in the country, it takes me at least 1.5 hours to see the closest therapist. My regular therapist was 2.5 hours away.

I know though deep down in me that if I don't see one I'm not going to give myself the best opportunity to get better. It is a long journey both literally and spiritually but if it is not taken, then we may never get the chance to go where we need to go.

Maybe speak to your local doctor or contact some hospitals and see if they can put you onto some therapists who they think may work for you. It is worth it in the long run and you are worth it too.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Polar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.