Never going to end

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by aoeu, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

The depression is never going to pass. It doesn't pass in my family. We're all chronically depressed, and many are chronically suicidal. I don't think the outlook is good for many people on this forum, but I don't know. My social isolation is pretty much a maximum at this point [I don't even want to consider the fact that my life could get worse... but I guess I don't know that I can't get any more isolated] so the impact to others of my death should be minimized. And, if I'm going to feel this way for the rest of my life [it stands to reason that I will] then my own pain can be shortened with a quick death.

I used to think that if I can just find a girlfriend or something and pass this hump, it'll be smooth sailing for the rest of my life... but that's not reasonable, not if I'm anything like my mom or aunt or most of the people in my family. Life is going to be shit forever. I realized that this morning. I want to scream "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" at the top of my lungs, but I repress it, mostly. I'm fucking finished. I owe it to myself to finish it. I don't think I deserve to be unhappy.

2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

everyone deserves to be happy but by isolating yourself you will only compound the situation and it amazes me how people think their death will not have much impact on others, believe me the impact will be more widespread than you think.

depression is a long term condition and i wish i could tell you that there was a time limit on this but i can't.
    but i can tell you that without some changes made by you this will drag on like this for a long time, now with changes you can make your life better, more suitable for yourself, it may not be perfect but it will be better.

don't you think you deserve a chance?

just take things one day at a time, small steps are needed with small changes not massive ones.

be strong

3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Everyone has the right to be happy. It's not a difficult thing to ask for. Sorry you're feeling down in the shit.

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

A chance at -what-? A chance of struggling for the entire rest of my life just to struggle another day?

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You have to want change!! If you just throw in the towel and give up then aren't being fair and true to yourself. You are still young and there is a whole big world out there for you to explore. You don't have to just sit there and wait for life to just keep getting worst. If you give up then you aren't being true to yourself. Mental illness runs in my family also, but the difference is they are all tring to live as normal a life as they can. There not giving in to there depression. You have to try!!!~Joseph~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.