Never going to find love.

I'm 30, and I've never had a real relationship. What little I've had has been horrifically abusive. I've never had a kiss that I didn't feel pressured into, and I've never had consensual sex. I'm a lesbian, and I have both physical and emotional sexual dysfunction (even just by myself) that I think would make a physically intimate relationship difficult. Most of my abusers were female, so I am also just triggered and anxious about the idea of sexual contact. I'm also not fun...not at all. People say I'm really funny, but like...depression destroyed all my hobbies, so when people ask me what I do for fun or to name an interesting fact about myself, I'm just like "..." I'm also not that good looking. I'm struggling to lose the last 20 pounds of weight gained on some shitty antidepressants a few years ago (I've already lost 35), and I don't feel like *me* with the extra weight.

I also just have so many issues that a partner isn't going to understand. I'm a survivor of complex trauma that went on up until very recently, and that's never not going to be a part of me. The abuse was so extreme, and I want to be able to share some of it with my partner, but many people don't even believe me when I tell even the basic aspects of my story. I thought I had a partner who really understood a while back, but then she became a domestic abuser, so that was that. I haven't dated on any level since 2011, when that relationship went south. I still have feelings for a past abuser, and just...ugh. Beyond that, I have DID, and I worry how that will affect things.

When I was a teenager, I worried no one would love me, and people were like "Oh, give it time," but I have given it time. I have been optimistic (in the past). I have gone about it with a decent attitude, and nothing.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
you still have many years ahead of you to find that forever partner. it takes time to find the partner that cares for you more than they care for themselves. but keep yourself open to meeting someone. and if you feel that you have personality traits holding you back try to work on them, get some help if you need to. if you need to talk feel free to message me, what you say in private stays that way, and I will believe you mike *shake

You know despite all our mental illnesses, there will always be that one person who will accept all of you, like every bit of you. I used to have relationship partners who left me because they cannot bear my being suicidal and depressed all the time. But I never gave up. I just enjoyed meeting new guys and one day I found someone who accepted every flaw in me, who tamed me even when I was at my worst. So do that. Never mind the people who leave you because they couldn't accept you, it was never your problem. 30 is still so young hun, keep on exploring the world, enjoy every adventure you may have and one day the right one will just come knocking at your door.

I really hope you're feeling a lot better today. *console*hug

Cagla

romantic bastard
I'm 30, and I've never had a real relationship. What little I've had has been horrifically abusive. I've never had a kiss that I didn't feel pressured into, and I've never had consensual sex. I'm a lesbian, and I have both physical and emotional sexual dysfunction (even just by myself) that I think would make a physically intimate relationship difficult. Most of my abusers were female, so I am also just triggered and anxious about the idea of sexual contact. I'm also not fun...not at all. People say I'm really funny, but like...depression destroyed all my hobbies, so when people ask me what I do for fun or to name an interesting fact about myself, I'm just like "..." I'm also not that good looking. I'm struggling to lose the last 20 pounds of weight gained on some shitty antidepressants a few years ago (I've already lost 35), and I don't feel like *me* with the extra weight.

I also just have so many issues that a partner isn't going to understand. I'm a survivor of complex trauma that went on up until very recently, and that's never not going to be a part of me. The abuse was so extreme, and I want to be able to share some of it with my partner, but many people don't even believe me when I tell even the basic aspects of my story. I thought I had a partner who really understood a while back, but then she became a domestic abuser, so that was that. I haven't dated on any level since 2011, when that relationship went south. I still have feelings for a past abuser, and just...ugh. Beyond that, I have DID, and I worry how that will affect things.

When I was a teenager, I worried no one would love me, and people were like "Oh, give it time," but I have given it time. I have been optimistic (in the past). I have gone about it with a decent attitude, and nothing.
Hey sometimes everyone feels this way I guess, distorting your view of yourself. I'm 24 and I feel no one will love me too just because I haven't been in a relationship and so boring. But people tell me the opposite all the time. Maybe there are things we don't see in us but since they can be less biased they can see. Maybe we should put our faith in them and listen for once. Take care <3

Lumos

Firstly, I believe you. I went through some similar abuse and have some things in common with you.

All the stuff you mentioned is not what should depend on someone loving you or not. Honestly, there will be a lady out there who looks past all these things you see as negatives, and purely love you for you. It's a very big world, with lots and lots of people, so don't give up hope.

In the meantime, please know that you are not alone, if you need to message me , I'm here for you, as are the other members here *console

Auri

šŸŽøšŸŽ¶Metal StaršŸŽµšŸ„
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@sufferingforsolong Why donā€™t you tell us what is good in you instead? :) If youā€™re not ā€œmotivatedā€ by the idea, it will be difficult to find someone. But you do deserve love. Learn to appreciate yourself first, cause it will be harder for someone else to see what a great person you are if you donā€™t show them. Hugs *hug

Sorry that you've suffered so much and that you haven't been able to find the good partner that you've been looking for.

You may be able to find a partner with a similar background, or a partner who is asexual.

It's unlikely though that you'll be able to find someone like that who you will meet just by chance. There might be an online dating or other resource where you could find someone like that.

Your therapist might be able to make some suggestions.

I hope that life can be kind to you for a change and send you the love you are looking for.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00