Never had a boyfriend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by closertolove, Aug 15, 2009.

1. closertolove

closertolove Well-Known Member

... and it gets super lonely. how is it that all the girls around me have all the luck with guys? i never seem to attract anyone, least of all who i want to

the last guy i had anything with had a girlfriend he didn't tell me about; im sick of trying to let myself be vulnerable with someone to have it blow up in my face again

how come im always alone =(
  2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

ive read so many posts like this...
    theres no 1 answer i dont think. but if there is its a long one :) but seriously, its not easy to be alone, but if we cant be happy flying solo how can we be happy with someone else?
  3. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I know you probably get told this alot, and may or may not believe it, but someone will come along soon. There's always things you can do to try and meet the right person too, like, go to places that you might meet someone who has common interests as you, or figure out the sort of guy you want to be with. Sometimes it's something simple like not knowing what you want, that can keep everyone away. Something to think about maybe? When things change, and you meet someone, you'll realise how much the wait was worth.
  4. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

It does seem like some people have all the luck sometimes but don't let it bother you that much, your turn will come. Just go out and do what you like to do around other people, there are tons of guys walking around and people always interact better when they're having a good time.
  5. closertolove

its not like i need a guy to make me feel better or anything, but it would just be nice to be noticed by a guy for something other than my baking skills (im known to bake pretty awesome cookies =)

idk i guess i just want to feel attractive
  6. CPessimist

CPessimist Well-Known Member

wow... if you have good baking skills you're set, the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
  7. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

So, you don't need a guy that desperately, but you want some attention, correct?
    I would suggest talking to heaps of guys you like and if you already do, maybe add a slight flirt to see if they reciprocate, "I like your hair" etc....they would most likely compliment you back and in time you will find Mr.Right.
  8. closertolove

haha ive learned baking does help to get guys to notice you

and i have recently been getting a lot of attention, but it seems to be from those guys that dont actually want anything other than booty. one of them has a GF, and im not in the mood to be the one on the side OR the one to break them up

why cant i find a nice, single guy?
  9. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I have never been happy alone but I definitely had been with "her"... but fate wanted differently. I see people saying what you say so often but it just isn't true... at least not for me.
  10. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

...Be careful with who you go after, by the way... most people are creeps that will be unfaithful. You can get decieved so easily... you may think it will sort out but your life might just get ruined. Trying to find the right one may not even be worth the risk if you attempt it badly. Just don't let your emotions blind you when you try to find that guy... the world is filled with people that in the end care little about you.
  11. Aimee_in_Wonderland

Aimee_in_Wonderland Well-Known Member

stop looking, ive found the moment you stop looking someone comes along,
  12. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

All to true.. Just keep an eye out for them or you might miss them.
  13. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I dont, what exactly is looking?

Is it pursuing people?
    Because I havent done that and I've gotten no one.

Is it actually looking at someone with desire and wishing they were yours?
    That is impossible to stop unless you get neutured and anti hormone pills
  14. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

I've had a few. Nasty ones. Nice ones. The last one i was in love with like no other. That was proper love. I always end up getting hurt. Relationships suck. I'vestopped looking. Im giving up. The heart ache is just too much, so i woudn;t wish for what i have., Just be yourself. Dont look for someone to be with. Your perfect as you are. You just end up opening yourself up to hurt, fear, rejection. Sorry for being so negitive. I had the shit end of the spectrum so far. I wish you luck in your search.
  15. closertolove

yeah ive had many bad experiences with guys, so i end up not trusting them right from the get go because i dont want to hurt again

idk it leaves me here in this built up tower alone
  16. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

Every woman on Earth has "never had a boyfriend" at some point, there is no rhyme or reason to it, it just happens when it happens.

Consider it good luck that you haven't dated an ass, and consider it something to look forward to when the right person comes along. And there is nothing wrong with being picky, there is a 6.6 billion population in this world, you can MORE than afford to be picky!

Chin up hun :)
  17. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

I've had abusive boyfriends, both metally and physically. Even kinda been raped by one. Boyfriends don't always make you "happy." Most of the time they made me feel like shit.
  18. Darker Than Black

Darker Than Black Well-Known Member

hey, I'm single, maybe we should hook up or something?

lol, jkjk
  19. mbxkj

mbxkj Well-Known Member

my adviced: learn ballroom dancing.

There are plenty of guys, and at least one of them has to dance with you. You can't get closer to them, and then it will happen :)

20. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

I agree.... Id prob just stop actively looking and worrying about getting someone, just enjoy your life and someone will come along. It's true also, there are a ton of bad guys out there, so even though people around you have bf's and such, doesnt mean they are good ones. But, if you just want to feel attractive at least, try just going out with your friends to a bar or something.... dont need to actually pick up a guy, but you can laugh and smile at how hard the guys do try to flirt with you. I usually find girls always wanting a guy or trying to find someone to get married to. Im in no hurry for any of that... sure I miss some things about having a gf, but Im also happy single, so when the right person comes around, ill be happy then too.

Just try not to focus too much on your looks and feeling low about them. Every guy has different tastes, and while one person maybe hot to one, may be ugly to another. Just have to get out more and meet more people prob... you'll find one eventually, no worries...