never happy

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by radical, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radical

radical Member

well, ive found something that makes me happy but the bad thing is, its an illegal substance. this bothers me because ive become dependant on it and if im not on this substance im never happy. i really want to be happy and love myself without it, but nothing does make me happy. my life is pretty much going downhill now since ive been out of school. i have no motivation to do anything. money doesnt motivate me to get a job, i dont even care about getting a car. i just wish i could love myself, be happy, and motivated without substance abuse. any of you guys going through this?

2. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

I am not going through this but I know what it is like to be addicted. However, the happiness will not last long. IT will, if it hasn't already start running your life.

I would seriously suggest that you go and see your GP and get into rehab. It will be hard to get off the drug but within rehab not only can you do that but you will also start to love yourself.

Tc

:hug:

Sam
    xxx

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello,
    I agree with butterflies 32.You need to get yourself in rehab,before you start working on your mental state. My self I stopped cold turkey. I was in the hospital for three weeks because of my depression and all the other things wrong with me. So you might say I did my own rehab.I did drugs up to my late 30's. I just decided one day that I was tired of risking going to jail. I must have done something right because in all those years I never got caught. Any how like I said I agree you need to do this in stages so you
    don't burn yourself out.
    You can't do this all by yourself. It is a team effort. And it takes time and work to accomplish what erver goals you set for yourself. Start out small and once you feel comfortable then thow in a long term goal that you can work towards. Take Care and Stay Safe.:chopper:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.