never happy..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by alyb, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alyb

alyb Member

I can't remember being truly happy. i work and go to school. i hate both. my wedding is coming up and im excited for that but i still can't shake this depression i have. i find myself wanting to be alone all the time. i have no motivation or passion for anything. the only thing that cheers me up is food. its the only way i know how to comfort myself. i don't have a plan to kill myself, i just constantly wish for my death. i don't ever talk about this to anyone because i don't think they can help me nor would they know how to.

should i just go back to therapy and face medication again?

2. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Unfortunately if you suffer from depression is always an up and down thing. The wedding is probably bringin on alot of stress, everyone pulling you from here to there, and stress brings on alot of other emotions, depression included.

I think therapy and meds should be up to you, if your thinking about it then you must think it could help, so why not give yourself the help if you can?

Have you talked to your F about how your feeling? Maybe a night out with you and him would help you relax.

3. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Sometimes we need to take a space from everything around us, it all whirrs in our heads.
    Little things can be worked on leaving time and effort to look at the more difficult things.
    Give yourself that time, you need to be whole in order to give a part of yourself in your marriage.
    Therapy and meds can be a great help, but for me. love is the best form of repair there is.
    I hope you find it with your partner and give it to yourself too.

4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hey I love your avatar, btw. that turtle is really cute!

I'm guessing that when you say "go back to therapy and meds" that there was something that went wrong with them.

Idk if there is something about the process of therapy that you don't like, or maybe that you didn't have a therapist who was good for you

I think a lot of people don't like meds. In many cases it's I think you're better off with meds than without, especially if you are in a position of wanting to commit suicide

I like to plug acupunture and chinese medicine, and the book in my sig has a lot of self-help methods

a 1/2 hr of gentle aerobic exercise a day can help. maybe a brisk walk, enough to just break a sweat.

I think that changing the things that make you depressed in the first place is very important. fixing or fleeing from the problems at work and school could help a lot. easier said than done though

hey I hope that things can get better!

:hug:
    :)

5. Wanteddead

Wanteddead Account Closed

Exercise is a good idea, there are also alternatives to meds you could look in to something like 5 htp.

Best wished WD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.