Never thought I'd be here

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fooror, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

Hi, new member here :)

Well as per the title, I never thought I would end up joining, let alone posting on a suicide forum. Not quite sure how I reached this point in my life.

Objectively, my life is actually pretty good. But as I get older I'm finding it more and more difficult to deal with all the pressure, anxiety and depression that I experience (have done my whole adult life). I don't think I'd ever actually harm myself, but the fact that I'm even considering it disturbs me.

Nice to be here.

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Welcome! The fact that you are here is showing that there is hope still! I know people feel depressed because they do not deal with certain issues in their lives, and they ignore them. By doing this it causes problems. When I finally delt with my issues I was able to move on and overcome them. I also realize that it takes time, but you have to start somewhere. Sharing is a big help. So what seems to be the problem? :hug: :)

3. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

Yeah, hey whats up! Got cookies?
    always wanted to use this gif since I joined this forum :sheep2:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
  4. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

Welcome here, there are lots of good people here who want to help you.
    You are just probably going through a rough patch right now.

5. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

Yeah just going through a rough patch. Done it before; know the drill at least. :)

Is good to read the posts within the forum to understand other people's experiences and get some perspective.

6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Hi fooror,

Welcome to the forum :)

Suicide Ideation can be very distressing and talking about it can be very good.

Is there anything you want to talk about? Has anything happened recently to make things harder? Do you have any professional help to help you work through the pain you are struggling with?

I hope SF can help you while things are rough

7. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

Cheers

Just having a lot of problems at home and work that I can't seem to fix. Pales in comparison to most others: I've never suffered a major loss in the family, never been abused etc....but also can't help the way I feel.

Damn the mind, lol

8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Do you want to talk about them? Try not to copmpare your problems to anyone elses. If you do that often you end up invalidated. Your problems are just as valid as everyone elses. Its not what the problem is perceived to be, but how it makes you feel.

9. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

Good advice, thanks.

It's nothing really, my life is good. I'm moving house, while at the same time I'm worried about losing my job and everything falling apart around me.

No different to most of the population, though I've suffered with quite severe depressive episodes during my adult life, and I find it difficult to cope when things aren't going right.

I should be posting on a depression forum really, I shouldn't be here. I'm not suicidal, though thinking about it makes me feel better, and that's what concerns me the most. I guess everybody thinks about ending it from time to time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.