Never told anyone. *possible trigger*

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by 000000000000000000000, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've never, ever, ever told anyone this.. I should have told when it happened, I'm so stupid. :(

I was raped when I was 10. I remember who did it. He's moved now, I can't do anything about it, I'm so stupid. :( I remember it so vividly. :( I hate this, someone make it stop. :(
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

You need to tell someone.
    There are a number of different organisations, Rape centres, Samaritans, Survivors of child abuse groups who will all listen and offer help, advise.
    There is also this online group:
    Don't know if its any good but worth a look. :hug:
  3. I can\'t tell anyone, it makes me feel so ashamed, I couldn\'t even post this under my user name. And, I doubt anyone would believe me, which makes it 51646516519879871x worse. :(

Thank you. :hug:
  4. no point

no point Well-Known Member

You will feel so much better once you tell someone about what happened. You don't even have to give out details. If you're not comfortable about talking about it to someone face to face, why don't you tell someone on this forum, someone that you trust. :hug:
  5. I just..I don't think I can ever admit it to anyone in real life..It's makes me feel ashamed to even admit to myself that it happened. :(
  6. I wonder what sort of responses I would have gotten had I not posted anonymously. Eh..I knew I should have just kept it bottled up, sorry for wasting your time.

And thank you, Terry, no point. :hug:
  7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

As someone who kept a terrible secret from the age of 7 to 13 I know all about the shame, terror and horror of letting it all out. I was ignored when I did say something until I said it again at 17 suddenly everyone wanted to hear about it..weird eh :blink::blink: but my point is, until I got it out and dealt with it, it coloured every part of my life...Let it all out hun if no one else we'll believe you. :hug:

Feel free to pm if you can bring yourself to talk about it. :smile:
  8. Heh, that's strange. People are morbid, I guess. Thank you for the support, and if I can bring myself around to it, I just might PM you, I think you'd be surprised at who I am. :hug:
  9. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Would you feel ashamed of a 10year old if they came to you and told you they were raped?
  10. No..What's your point?

I said it makes me feel ashamed, not that it would ashame my parents.
  11. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

I think you should tell someone... maybe not your parents straight away, but the person who did this to you shouldnt get away scott free... its not right... but I feel sorry for you there are so many arseholes around geez...
  12. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

I think many people who have been sexually abused and raped, feel the shame, the terror, the self blame, the dirty feelings...the feelings I also know too well. I told someone when I was 6 I wasn't believed, after all who believes a child over an adult...! I kept it a secret until I was 26....I dropped hints, in my head, by my actions...all went unheard.

When you first speak out I won't say its easier because its not, its speaking out about the "thing" that hurts so opens up so many feelings, so many memories...but looking back, those feeling and memories were just building inside.

No1 will blame 10 years old, no matter where you are in the world even if you consent to sex its still rape..a child, which is what you were shouldn't even though, or have to experience those "things".

Sometimes, as I've found people find it hard to put into words what to say...when I've spoken to others, they have told me that, just saying i'm listening, or I believe you doesn't seem enough...but it is, just to know someone believes you, and is listening can help so much..

With regards to speaking to someone, a friend, a family member, make sure you are comfortable and trust the person...no1 can make you speak, and no1 will force you, you will speak and break the silence only when your ready to do so.

Sorry I've waffled on.

Lost x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.