never will fit in

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ZombiePringle, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I don't belong anywhere. That has become obvious. I never have and never will fit in anywhere. I have no friends, nobody that I can go stuff with in my free time. So what do I do? Stay home playing videogames. Only to get insulted on there too. Is there a point? Would the world really miss me? No, probably not. Maybe there is a reason to keep going but right now I have no idea what that is.
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Dont you dare say you dont belong :whip:
    You are an integral part of our community!
    My God you even got included while on leave :laugh:

You need to get out in the world a bit more, my son has exactly the same problem you are facing, so I do understand, but the only way to get some mates to hang with is to get out there and make some :hug:

You have now been TOLD! ..... oh and you is banned :lol!:
  3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I am currently going through the same stuff. I have no friends, but I like the solitude. It allows me to think of myself, and get to know myself.

Ask yourself questions. Get to know yourself. I am going to get ready for going into medical coding, and it'll be hard to be around people.

Maybe go to a class, and learn something that you are interested in. There are classes for practically everything nowadays.

Oh, and Terry is banned for banning you. lol
  4. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

try not to play video games all the time.. break out of the comfort zone
  5. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hey Josh!

If you're not feeling good about how much you play video-games, maybe you can instead start exercising (or any other hobby that would be more beneficial than video-games) more rather than staying home playing video-games more than you want or "should" (although I don't know how much exercise you do each day). It's hard to stop playing video-games so much (I've been there), but it's definitely a reasonable goal.

P.S. You iz banned for playing video-games too much and iz banned until you stop playing so much! :hugtackles: Also, I echo Terry's sentiment that you belong here on the forums. I'm always interested to see what posts you make. :)
  6. ZombiePringle

I actually go to the gym 3-5 times per week. So I have the exercise covered. It's not the fact that I play games a lot. More the fact that I am stuck at home when I'm not working or at the gym and when being stuck here I basically have no other options but games, movies/tv or read. I have tried to get out and do stuff but I don't know anybody. I have tried making plans with people at work but they always back out. Any friends I did have are no longer my friends because well.. they were my ex's friends first Sooo... Yeah.
  7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

How about a class of some kind?
    My uncle took up kick boxing, lost a ton of weight, is as fit as a flea and made a load of new mates into the bargain.
  8. ZombiePringle

I'm hoping to meet people at the gym. There's always a lot of people there.
  9. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

I hope you have a pleasant time there and take care of yourself! :hugtackles: Maybe you'll make some new friends there that weren't your ex's first.. just every once in a while at least! ;) Good to hear you exercise a bunch!
  10. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

Hey Josh, first of all, yeah, as they said, you belong here in SF and that's never gonna change. And, I kinda understand how you feel. I have a few friends but sometimes, I don't know how to properly relate myself to them. I'm actually not good in making friends too and making them last if ever I find one. So, yeah, if you do ever get outdoors, then I guess it won't hurt to try and strike up a casual conversation with some stranger. Which would probably surprise you that it's not at all that bad to try to socialize. Perhaps, something I won't have the courage to do most of the time.
  11. twofeet

twofeet Well-Known Member

I always thought there would be a time when I would fit in, just like everybody else seemed to. I just dropped out of my life for about a year. Stopped seeing people, quit performing, stayed home and watched "Criminal Minds." I'm starting to pick it up again, slowly. I keep thinking people are staring at me funny or want me to disappear. But I have found a few acquaintances. Maybe that's a start.
  12. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

That IS a start for sure! Way to go! :hugtackles:

P.S. I am a fan of "Criminal minds" too. Not as into it as I was when Mandy Patinkin was still there (he was my favorite cast member - too bad he left to do more singing instead of acting on this show), but definitely still a big fan! :)
  13. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

I'm sure if I went to the USA we would fit into a taxi at least - a bar?

And then you never know your luck!

You only need to fit into one persons life sometimes to belong.

Its just about the connections we make - and new people always turn up.

Good luck.

We all belong.

We're accepted here - no?

So - out there in that big world - we live there also! Its just that people like us do not have a tshirt saying "messed up - fu**** up - looking for a partner to deal with issues!" We don't meet each other enough - maybe we all stay in worrying. Some do - I like my own company. I wish I lived in the middle of nowhere.

So yes - we drift around - sometimes its like everyone else is happy - connected - living the life. Or so it seems!

See you later buddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.