New £20 notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain't they nice?

They feature Scottish economist Adam Smith, and the "old" ones, featuring Edward Elgar will come out of circulation in 2 - 3 years. The new notes are brighter, they are cleaner, smoother... it's a shame to spend them!! :rolleyes:

Now, we just need some new £5 notes!! The £10 ain't too terrible but the £5 ones are in AWFUL condition, well, the ones I receive are. The ones I get are delicate. The shop assistants see me coming.

LeaveMeAlone

THEY ARE SOOOO HOT! I GOT ONE TODAY

THE I GOT ANOTHER JUST COS I WANTED TO KEEP ONE

ZOMG!

The remind me of the old french franks

and they look a bit like euros, i guess they want us to get used to the design

but yeah we have REAL money now, that actually looks respectable on the international market.

i've only seen pics of them lol, tis like when the 2 pound coin came out, everyone wanted one lol. Res, your right about the fivers, they is in such bad condition.

I heard agggggeeees ago that they was gonna bring out a 99p coin, they should so do that! lol

Oh thank god, they are legal tender! I got one from the cash point today to pay my counsellor, and neither of us was sure if it was real :laugh:

i got one of those today too - was a bit worried when it came out the cashpoint! wasn't long before i'd spent it and got some nice old-fashioned change though :smile:
quite cool aren't they?

LeaveMeAlone

Sterling is the name of our currancy

where as pound is the name of our larger denomination

and pence is the name of out percentile denomination.

oh and why in the world would someone try to fake a £20 buy making it look completly different??? think!

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Thanks again Mal! You're a fountain of information!:smile: I like your pound notes better than our dollars and the other paper denominations. Our bills are ugly, imo.

What is a shilling? What is a crown? A half-crown? Are those all coins? I"m always curious about things I don't have, as in MONEY!:rolleyes:
Least,

Yes, shillings and crowns and such were coins, but in pre-decimal system (before '71 I think...) A shilling was 12 pence (d), a crown = 5 shillings, 1£ = 20 shillings, 240 d in a £. And a penny = 4 farthings. A shilling is like 5p now. Confuzzling, I wonder why we moved to the decimal system :blink: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00