New and Feeling Awful

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by am-i-alone, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. am-i-alone

am-i-alone New Member

I've only just joined this forum so am not expecting many replies to this because no-one knows me and I haven't done any supporting yet. But I need to get this stuff out, I need to say it because it's hurting too much to stay inside me right now.

It's all getting too much, I can't carry on like this. I can't carry on living with this pain, this anxiety, this worry. I just hurt so much. There's too much worrying about getting a job, the rent, my course...everything. I just want the peace and quiet of it all being over. I need to die. I'm sorry...
  2. hellohello

hellohello Member

i guess that's how most of us who find this website feel... are you a student? are you in the uk? you should be entitled to free therapy through student health... you just need to talk to someone to help you get through everything... when everything just gets on top of you, and everything just feels so messy, and it feels like nothing will ever be quite right, you just need to get it all off your chest and it helps...
    do you not have many friends? what about family?
    is it hard to be on your own? but then hard to be with people as well?
    do you want to tell us more about how you feel specifically, maybe we can help a bit as well? however, i would say if you have been feeling this way for quite a while, you need to seek some proper help too... if you are in the uk, i could give you some advice...
    take care
  3. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

hey,welcome to SF:smile:,its nice place to get support from people that are in similar situation as you are. Hope to see you around:smile:
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you found this site the first step in feeling better. No you are not alone there is alot of support here. Being a student is very hard these days very stressful. Have you talked to a councillor at your school and let them know the pressures you are under. A councillor can set up some support systems at the school for you take the stress off a bit. Give you extra time to do things and have ideas to help you get job interviews. If you are depressed maybe seeing your doctor can help to as can get talk therapy set up for you. Know that we are here for you too but talking to someone in person and getting human contact is what is needed. Keep talking to us okay so we can help you out where we can. glad your here.
  5. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

This is a really good site. Just reading posts has helped me a lot. Knowing you are not the only one that feels the same way makes me not so lonely.
  6. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hey Am-I-alone,

Sometimes it takes a while to get a few responses on here, but that's only because everyone isn't on here everyday. If you are patient, you will find a lot of help on here. Can you be a bit more specific on what kind of pressures you are under? I am sorry you are feeling this way. You'll find a lot of people here that can genuinely empathize with how your feeling.

Hope your doing a little better! Take care!

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

im new to this site as well. i am however not new to online support groups.
    what i do know is, the members of good support groups supply words of help, compassion, hope or wisdom knowing full well that there are those that are suffering and are unable to post to the benefit of others.we came to this site seeking something. we need to allow time to find out what they have to offer.

we allow ourselves for imediate let down before we even give the group the chance. thats not uncommon. most ppl with depression have a habit " myself included" of shooting down any kind of hope before we even try it.

please do allow yourself to give this group a chance. please allow yourself the chance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.