New and frightened. Please be gentle

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Snowvelvet, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowvelvet

Snowvelvet Member

I don't know what to say really. I can't live like this anymore, I am slowly killing myself with alcohol. I just feel hopeless and I have no fight left. Am in the UK and my private healthcare limit is now reached. I was an inpatient in April and since then if anything I feel worse.

I left my job which was my life via a settlement and do nothing each day. Sometimes I cannot even get out of bed. My partner despairs as the only time he sees me I am in despair or I've drunk to tak away the pain.

I tried AA. I don't believe in God so struggle with anything about praying and giving myself over.

I just want this pain to end and am frightened I would just mess it up.

Thanks if you got to the end and sorry if this is the wrong place.

Sv x

2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hi, and welcome.

i hope that this forum comes in useful for you

yes, we will be gentle... don't worry

3. Snowvelvet

Snowvelvet Member

Thank you for replying. I've pushed everyone in my life away on purpose. Hope you are ok.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Snowvelvet I am sorry your addiction is taking over you It is so hard i understand that but AA can still help you even if you do not believe in God. You will have support of others who are struggling like you and others who have beat their addiction Glad you are reaching out here because now you are not alone anymore hugs

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

well, you will like it here- even if you push us away we will understand.. we're here to listen and support each other. i hope to read more of your posts:)

as for me, well.... just another normal day of struggling to survive

6. Kawabi

Kawabi New Member

Yeah AA is crap, it convinces you that you are powerless and have no control over your addictions and then reinforces commmon religious delusions, look for Secular Sobriety or something like that. Will help empower you and take control of your own life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.