New and looking for support

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by farandaway, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farandaway

farandaway Member

Hello all
    Well, the reason I joined is obvious.
    I'm just looking for support, I don't want to burden my family or friends with my feelings I feel like it's unfair to them.
    I opened up to a couple of friends about my feelings once and one friend told me I was faking it and the other was so supportive I felt guilty, like I was taking away from their life.
    I just need a place to share, a place where I can be anonymous and not feel judged.
    I've read through some posts and found that I could get that kind of support here.
    And at some point I hope to be someone that can provide support for another that feels what I have felt.
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

And here is the place for support.
    A lot of us have turfed up here rather than be a strain on our nearest and dearest, so you are in good company on that one. :smile:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi you You can open up here hun no one will judge you Hugs
    Welcome to SF
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!!
  5. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome farandaway! Here we meet again! Hooray! (I replied to your other thread :D)

6. bipolarjoe

bipolarjoe Active Member

You are fortunate to have found this forum. It has been so beneficial to me. I was, and often still am, at some very low points: feeling suicidal. Feel free to share here as it is helpful to you and to the one that reads your post. I have learned so much about myself and people in general from this forum and it has been just amazing. It is better than any talk therapy session I have ever been to. (Sounds weird, I know.)

I found this forum about a month ago and am doing just what you are hoping to do. I am Sharing my secrets, not feel judged, and have been able to respond to others with some sound advice. It makes me feel good to have the chance to do that, it gives my life some purpose. Purpose and meaning seem to be what keeps me going

Welcome and good luck,
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad you found us and hope we can be of support to you. So many of our members have had similar experiences and they can share on what has helped them get through. i hope to see you around the forum. :hug:
  8. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

Welcome, sup? :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.