New and looking for those that will listen

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by tourniquet, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tourniquet

tourniquet Active Member

Hi
    I came across this forum in an attempt to find answers for myself.

Abit about me;
    My depression was triggered off at the age of 15 (I am now 20) when i witnessed a tragic death of a family member.I spent most of my childhood being bullied which to this day i believe added to it.
    I was put on medication by the doctors,and after a year and a half on them i took myself off. they seemed to make me worse, and i found my self harming and suicide attempts increased.

Things improved when i met my partner 2 years ago.Things started to look up even more when i started university september 2007 (i moved 300 miles from home,and my relationship with my parents improved).
    Around christmas time i started to feel worse and worse again, started to feel like i have nothing to work towards. eventhough im in a great relationship with someone who cares for me,i have had a good education which has led to me doing a university degree,i enjoy my course,i have made so many friends there......yet i feel so empty.
    It seems that the smallest of slip ups bring me down.

I have been home from university for the summer for 6 weeks now, its been hell for me, i feel miserable constantly,im cranky and im taking it out on my partner over the phone every day- now leading to a strain on the relationship- which in due course is making me hate myself even more. once more ive been contemplating self harming.

I guess im on here to have people to talk to that understand what im going through, to have some release that I dont get when talking to people that i am around everyday

I hope to hear from you all soon

2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Hi :) welcome to sf. glad you found this place.
    Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat, im always around :D

3. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. =D

I hope you'll find the support and friends here. ^.^

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. You may notice an increase in depression and thoughts of self harm as you are not as busy during the sumeer months. Not as many distractions and your attention isn't as focused on other things. You will find people that understand here. i am glad you found us. :hug:

5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Hey. Welcome to the forums. Enjoy.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :arms:

7. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

welcome. there are always plenty of us here willing to listen. hope it gets better for you

8. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, I hope you can find the help you need here :hug: feel free to drop me a PM if you ever need to talk :smile:

9. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF!

Make yourself at home! :tongue:

10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome. :smile: :hug:

11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.