New and Nervous

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Lunartic, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunartic

Lunartic Member & Antiquities Friend

Hi All, just found this site and signed up. Have suffered depression/Anxiety for many years and am trying to rebuild my life after fighting alcoholism. I`m a 65 year old male and not sure if older people are catered for here? Anyway, submitting this before I change my mind!:apologetic:
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

People of any age are welcome here!! :hug: I hope you find the site supportive and helpful. Feel free to contact me if you need anything.
  3. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Welcome Lunartic, I was hesitant too at first for the same reason. Everybody seemed so much younger. 'antiquities friends" are over 30s! Us oldies are sneaking around you'll discover. It's helping me in my battles.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Lunartic lots of us older people here too hun nice to see you reaching out for support here hugs
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I am as old as dirt so please do not worry about there only being youngsters here...also, please let us know what is going on for you
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas, and welcome to the site. Of course all ages are welcome here, we have a wide variety of global members and all different aged members. :)
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

No need to be nervous, you are very welcome here. I've seen people of all ages, and you will be able to find people your age to converse with. Hope you find some great support and help here.
  8. Lunartic

Thanks for the welcome folks!
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the site. I am glad you joined us =)
  10. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

Hi! There's no age limit!
  11. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

I am 257 years old,so don't be shy !!
  12. Lunartic

Have tried a couple of rooms today- the chat room was a bit confusing, trying to work out who was talking to whom?!!!1
  13. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

In the chat room anyone can be talking to anyone, sometimes it's worth jumping in to conversations. Many people are accommodating when it comes to newer members of the site, and it's not always easy to navigate first up. But there are usually some people around if you need to ask questions.
  14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas, if you need any help in chat. Double click on the members with a red or green icon beside them for some guidance or if there are no red/green (moderators) present, ask for help from a chat buddy :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.