New and Nervous

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Chiere, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiere

Chiere Banned Member

Hello everyone at SF,

My name is Chiere and I'm a new member here. I have struggled with suicidal thoughts and feelings for the past several years and continue to battle them. I also have a problem with self-injury which I've had since I was very young (about 8). I hope to find some friends here to talk to and seek support from I I feel down so hopefully I won't have any suicidal thoughts.

Thanks for reading and see you around.
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, welcome to the forum. You are important and keep remembering that. Everyday we suffer but we must help each other which what this community is about.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Chiere,

Welcome to the forums!! It's nice to meet you :)
  4. Linny

Linny Active Member

Hi Chiere. I've been dealing with suicidal thoughts since about eight as well and self-harm since I was 13. While I can't really say you wont have any suicidal thoughts while talking with us, I can say that 99.9% of us are here to help with those thoughts (because you know there's always that .1% that's not up to par) and can be here for you when you need us. Just shoot a friend request and/or a PM.
  5. Chiere

Chiere Banned Member

Thank you all for your kind replies. I've been looking around this site, seeing what all the different forums have to offer, and have seen several which I think should help me.

But I'm still scared, as there is one incident which still bothers me, yet I don't feel that I can talk about it in the appropriate sub-forum because that forum is meant for victims, not...the perpetrators. I know it was a horrendous thing to have done, but I still feel like I need to talk about it and maybe finally forgive myself for it. But maybe I should keep that to myself....

Sorry for the rambling...I'm just having a bad day today.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi again Cherie

I am glad you have found some of the forums may be able to help you! Take it one step at a time as to not overwhelm yourself and end up feeling worse, everything at your own pace and you do not have anything to feel nervous about...we're one big family here =) Non judgmental and friendly.

If you are unsure of what you say or not say, private message me or write to the management here

Wish you the best of luck.
  7. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome Chiere. I understand your nervousness, but hope you will soon overcome it. This is a great site and a great group of people. We are here to both receive and give support as we feel able. Start off with whatever you are comfortable with. Then do more as you feel able. And don't ignore the chat room. Conversations there can be either light or serious; whatever you need at the moment. Sorry you feel the need to be here, but am glad you have found us.
  8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Welcome aboard.
  9. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Hi Chiere and welcome to the forum.
  10. Bart

Bart Banned Member

Welcome to SF Chiere. As others have already said, you've come to a safe place where you can explore your feelings at your own speed and comfort level. I hope you find the site as useful as we all have.
  11. Chiere

Chiere Banned Member

Thank you all so much for your welcomes. It is comforting to know that I'm not alone in my pain.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.