new and sad

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sarahod, Jan 6, 2011.

1. sarahod

sarahod New Member

hi, recently one of my best friends took his own life. i dont understand and i dont think i ever will. i cant describe how i feel. somedays im fine and other days im in such a trance. i have become obsessed with suicide since it happend.. in the sence that i cant stop thinking about what he did and what he went through while doing it.. is this normal??? i had a fight with him before he died and the last word from me to him was f**k off :( i feel like its all my fault... how do i get through this
  2. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Hun, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I went through something similar when I was young. I didn't know what to do, and still to this day I blame myself. So I do understand some of the pain. I am here if you want to talk about it

:hug: xx
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

None of this is your fault...he must have been in dire pain to have done that...and thinking about what you imagine he went through is what usually happens...if this continues and interferes in your well being, please speak to someone as this could be a very traumatic experience...J
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You cannot put any blame on you okay Your friend had to be in so deep a depression that without professional help your friend just could not win that battle it was too hard. How do you get through this You get some therapy You talk to councillors at your school a therapist who will get you to understand okay none of it was your fault.
    It will be hard as there is really no understanding of the whys this happens my brother did the same thing. You cannot let the guilt eat away at you. Talk to your parents to the school therapist your doctor and get some grief therapy
    Hugs to you hang on to allthe supportive people around you okay hang on here as well.
  5. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

It is not your fault.

Your thoughts and feeling are normal,it is simply your minds way of trying to get a handle on what happened.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.