1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and scared

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Seachel, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seachel

    Seachel New Member

    I listened for the sound of my husband to see if he was breathing all night. He wrote a note to my beautiful eleven year old daughter telling her how much he loves her and mnone of this is her fault. He has threatened to suicide before and has attempted this via several medication overdoses. I think he is serious thus time . He won't let me get help and I am scared and frightened. I feel guilty because sometimes I wish he would , please help I sm so lonely
  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    The thing is hun you need to do what is right for him and getting help is right hun You take note and show it to his doctor or tell the crisis line what he has written and they will send some help for him You do not want to lose your husband and father of your child He is not thinking his thoughts are all distorted now with the depression so you have to think for him hun you have to keep him safe You do whatever it takes to keep him alive hun In hospital he will get supports he needs.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

    Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

    He needs to get help, if not for himself then for your daughter. She would be crushed if he decided to end his life. There is always help available so if he won't get any for himself, you can get help the help he needs.
  4. Tmacster1

    Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

    Welcome to the forums and I'm sorry to hear about what's going on :( It does sound like he's serious about doing it... He should get help because of your daughter who would be crushed and devastated if he killed himself. Hopefully he will change his mind and seek some help. Once again I'm sorry that this happenening to you. :hug:

  5. jimk

    jimk Staff Alumni

    hi seachel. welcome to SF.. others here before got it rite.. reach out and get him some help as he needs it now.. you have got to be the rational one and do this very soon.. if he already got psych help then talk to them. if not would try a crisis line number which is listed here in the links and resource forum. best wishes with this all hon.. jim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.