New and suicidal

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Svava, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svava

Svava New Member

This is my first post. I never knew this place existed until today.

I have been severely suicidal for two years now. I had three traumatic experiences happen within 6 months of each other, the main one being a doctor who performed surgery on me that I did not consent to, and which left me in physical pain, and also really traumatized me psychologically.

I have dealt with depression on and off for over 14 years, but I was able to cope. I graduated from college, went to graduate school, and law school. I had a job and was doing okay. I never felt suicidal, actually, just down. Meds helped me, but now they do not.

I have attempted suicide in the last two years, but was stupid about the way that I went about it. I really did want to die, and I feel horrible that I survived, mainly because I wasn't doing it for attention.

I have pretty much lost everything in my life: my family, my friends, my love, my job, my interest in anything. I hate feeling this way.

I have tried CBT, general therapy, pretty much every medication out there, but nothing works. I have lost hope.

I used to be happy and hopeful. I wanted to contribute to this world in a positive way. I just wanted a "normal" life. Now I just want to die. :depressed

Anyway, if you've gotten this far, thanks for reading.
  2. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Welcome, Svava:welcome:
  3. falling_away

falling_away Member

Welcome to the forum. I know how you feel. I have been depressed for many years now and I'm not sure what the answer to it is. Anyways, I hope you stick around for a while. :biggrin:
  4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

welcome to the site. are you in any sort of counseling program? You say you've tried lots of meds and they don't work? ask your doctor for something else. there are lots of meds out there and there may be one for you. keep coming here to let off steam and to make friends and get support. don't give in, cause as long as there's life, there's hope. :smile:
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad you decided to join us and talk about how you are feeling. Have you sought out any type of counselling, or just meds? If you can find the right combination of things it can be helpful. I hope you receive the support you need to make it through and deal with your issues. Take care and stay safe. :hug:
  6. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Welcome Svava. I have read your post. And you said that you have lost everything in your life. Why and how? But Im sure if you have had everything once, you can have it again.
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Svava. Life isn't over yet hun. You're still a qualified lawyer and can make a lot of money when you're ready to practice again. I'm sorry for all of your losses, but don't give up hope. Everyone has periods in their lives when things go wrong. No one's life is perfect, no matter how perfect things may seem on the outside. When things go wrong in my life, I try my best not to let it myself sink into depression, because I know how difficult living like that can be. Please hang on and feel free to PM me anytime. :hug:
  8. votestrike

votestrike Member

hi, i'm new here too. check your meds, some, even antidepressants, can increase depression/suicidal tendecies.

<Deleted:personal Information and Advertising-Jodi> If this one is not right for you there are plenty more on Brendas Links page on my site. The site is free & full of resources.

When you are up to it I know of people in need of an ADA lawyer. You have talents, put them to use. Because giving of yourself is incredibly rewarding.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.