new at this

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by just dont care, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just dont care

just dont care Well-Known Member

i bearly started to cut myself this weekend i just started to cut my self on my upper thigh where no one would see i know it wrong but it helps me not want to cut my wrists i think i was saved my doing this cause without it i probably would have cut my wrists. i know cutting your wrists is a slow way of killing yourself but when i am in my room at night no one will come in it till about 2pm the next day so i dont have to worry about it. i know cutting is bad but it seems to help so now i dont know what to do.

2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

hey just...look i don´t know where to start, but i will tell you this, i´ve started about 4 years ago, i didn´t know why it made me feel better, but that was the beggining.I can tell you that it will make you feel worse. YOu will want to do it(at the beggining) because it helps you to relax and take away the bad feelings at least for a while. but you will start trying to find something to make yourself feel sad or angry just for justify to do it. and you will feel like a drug addict after a while, you will feel you need it.
    you will want to keep doing it and you will find a little reason to stop,and you will do it, but just for a while, because you will want to do it, and it will be the worst, because any wound will be enough, you will do it more and more deep everytime you do it. You can see me now and you can say:it won´t happen to me, but it will, because i said that and now my left arm has 7 scars that time won´t erase and i´m so afraid of killing myself by accident and i saty ere tryng to stop anyone who want to start because i still doing it , i enjoy it i want to do it all the time(i bring with me all the time a little knife) and i feel horrible, because the only reason i have to stop is for my boyfriend who i love with all my soul, and that reason isn´t enough......

pm me if you ever need to talk, i´m here

3. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

If you just started, my advice to you is to stop. Like Jane Doe said, once you start it's a slippery slope. When I started I swore I wouldn't let myself slip and that I would stop after just a couple weeks--that it wouldn't last. Once I realized that I was addicted I swore I wouldn't do the one thing that was most dangerous, the one thing that truly scared me about cutting--using a razor blade. But guess what? After a couple months I had progressed through a variety of methods and then, one morning after a shouting match with my dad's girlfriend, those methods weren't enough. Yep, I stole a razor blade and used it.

So listen to Jane Doe, and me, and anyone else who replies, because all of us have the same advice. Stop! It's your way of coping with a problem, and you need to get that problem solved. Talk to someone about it, even if it's only us. If it prevents you from cutting your wrists it's fine for now, but know that in time it will be just as dangerous. Get help from a therapist or a friend, or someone else around you, because I'm sure that none of them want you to do it.

4. just dont care

i know cutting is bad and i should stop but i cant help it. it only happens when i drink cause then i find it hard to control my actions, but when i drink it helps me stop thinking so i dont think about killing myself. i can hold back the urge to cut when i am sober but i cant stop the thoughts in my head.

5. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

please please please please please please please stop cutting... while you've only just started. you have no idea how much easier it is to stop then.... please...?

6. just dont care

I cut again tonight i couldnt help it i had a really strong urge to kill myself and i started to cut on my leg again it was the only thing i could do to keep from killing myself.

7. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

Why is it that you want to kill yourself?

And I understand that cutting keeps you from killing yourself, but you should undertand that these are both problems that most people don't have, right? Even if you can justify the Self-Harm, you have to know that wanting to kill yourself isn't good. Right?

8. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Please stop, like the others have said, self injury is a downward spiral and you'll end up with more problems than you did when you first started. It helps in the short term but it isn't so good in the long term, and like people have said, it actually makes things worse. You have a much better change of being able to stop now than you will if you continue with the cutting.

9. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

alright, so i read your post, i'm sorry that you're feeling this way, i really do!!! Please do not continue to cut yourself!! i've been self harming for 6 years now, i've lost my best friends, family, and i've distanced myself. I live on my own now and it's so easy to just do it whenever i feel down, but then i know that i'm hurting everyone around me, but i don't think about it til after, when they may happen to see it, they wonder why i'm wearing sweaters in the summer, it's a pain. This addiction has become a very big part of my life, it's taken over my life, and i do cut my wrists, so maybe it is that i'm slowly killing myself, but i don't want you to. you can stop this, you don't want to lose the people around you, please stay strong and i'm here if you need to talk :hug:

10. jane doe

i like the rest of us , understand how are you feeling, but we also know what´s going to happen, if you do it now to avoid killing yourself, i must tell you that in short time it will be the cause of your death. i know you feel there´s nothing else to avoid it, but you need to find something hun, you still on time. if only happens when you drink, then stop drinking, before it happens, when you drink, when you eat, when you go to the cinema, when you go for a walk, because it will be the reason of your life, and the reason of your death. hun please, i´m saying this becasue i hurt myself about 3 or 4 times by day and i think about it all the time(even when i just cut) i´m losing everything i have just for this, i can talk to people anymore and i feel everybody is trying to see the scars, it´s horrible. Please take us seriously because you will kill yourself if you keep doing it, and i know you don´t want to die, because you came here for help.

if you ever need to talk pm me hun, take care

11. just dont care

well things have gotten a little worse i tried to stop but that didnt happen cause i get anxious when i dont got my knife near me. i used to cut when i was drinking caue it dulled the intial pain but now i do it even when i am sober. last night i cut a little to deep and it started to bleed more and i had to get bandaids i dont think i can stop and if i die from this i dont really care.

12. jane doe

iif you think you can´t stop now, think about when you need stiches for your wounds, or when the old scars doesn´t fade away with time, hun you still on time all you need is some power of will. if you think you don´t want to stop the keep you mind and body busy because some day you will kill yourself by accident, and beside you´ll ruin your life just for for doing it. hun i really meant it because you will stay away from people, you´ll lose friends, family and everyone around you who ever loved you, you will feel worse then and there won´t be a return from that point. really listen to us, we all want the best for you. just 1 hour past since my last cut and i need it again...my hands are shaking and i´m crying for not a fucking reason, i don´t want this for anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.