new - but desperate

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lmc, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmc

lmc New Member

I am new to this forum - but I feel very desperate - my OH tried to kill himself wednesday night - by taking an OD of my anti-depressants & a lot of alcohol (i dont drink) - He did it, i think, to get my attention.

But now I just feel like slipping away myself. I just cant deal with life anymore! :-(

2. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

It's not suprising your worried this is a big thing, i would suuggest you encourage him to speak to his doctor and get him some help. If something is not done there is a chance he will try again. It sounds mean but maybe you should think about whats best for you, it seems that if you got better you would be able to help him better, maybe thats what you should be focusing on right now and when you are in a better place you could be able to offer your support. If you haven't spoke to your doctor you would be best to try that.

3. lmc

lmc New Member

he is seeing a doctor as he ended up in hospital - he is on meds - but has moved back to his mums & is now very angry at me (not 100% sure why) - but he knows Im not coping well.

I feel like he is being selfish, i feel bad for being angry at him, but I am angry none the less!! He is not responding to my texts & is being quite verbally abusive.

However the day after he begged me to stay with him, he cried to me all day & thanked me for helping him, now hes pushed me away.

leaving me with suicidal thoughts & feelings - but if i do i will succeed as there is no one here to stop me / save me.

4. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

I think you should now focus on yourself as he is getting help and you are the one her and contemplating ending it. As i'm sure you can understand his emotions are all over the place and that is likely why he is angry at you, or i'm guessing here but thats why he didn't fully try. Are you getting support?

5. lmc

lmc New Member

yes im on meds - but now he has moved out i feel very alone & sad - I almost feel like he knows that Im alone & doesnt care if i do something to myself, yet I stopped him killing himself just a few days ago

6. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

I'm sure your over half cares for you very much i can't be sure but he probably albeit selfishly may have thought he was doing you a favour. I really believe he doesn't want to hurt you. The best i can think of is to try your best to speak to him and try to explaining how much this is affecting you. I think this will become easier as time passes and the event calmes down a bit. Like i said said now he is getting some help, i think as he did please do what you need to for yourself, you really need to able to focus on yourself right now. Feel better soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.