New, but way too familiar

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ladymacbeth, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladymacbeth

ladymacbeth Member

Hi, I'm Anastasia. I'm in college right now, about to be entering my sophomore year. It's summer, so I'm at my family's home for the next three months, and away from my school friends and my girlfriend. I guess I just needed to reach out to someone since I don't really have anyone at home to talk to.

In total, I think I've been dealing with depression/self-harm/mental disorders for about 5 years now. It started in eighth grade, but no one (including myself) took it seriously enough until last year. Things just got out of control, and I ended up in a mental hospital for attempting suicide. I don't want this to repeat itself, so I decided to use some of the resources out there, like this forum.

2. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

:) Welcome to the forum.

Im sorry to hear that you've been enduring these feelings, but I have to say, good on you for taking a proactive approach to it :) I hope this place can offer you some sort of place for you to talk and work through what's causing you pain.

:)

3. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to SF!

I hope that you find some support here :)

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum! :hug:

5. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome *hug

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums... There are alotof peeps here who can relate..Open up and tell us more so we can support you..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.