NEW: Conclusive proof suicide is pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.
"When I reach the point in my life when I say to myself I genuinely want to commit suicide, I am effectively saying there is nothing in this whole world that I do care about. This is because if I don't care about my life I don't care about anything at all. When I realise that saying I want to kill myself means I don't care about anything, whatever problems I may have had don't appear quite as enormous. This is because how can I care about that problem when I don't care about anything. Once it is established that I don't care about anything I am free; free to live that is"

Guy Incognito XI 3:14

L

letdown

Yes. I've been in that place before.

Although when one wants to kill themselves, it could mean that they care a lot about what's bothering them, rather than not at all? It could go both ways. I do see what you're saying and there have been times when at times of complete not-caring about anything, I've eventually "come up for air" so to speak and started feeling a lot more free..then it goes around in a circle and I start caring about things that hurt too much.

It would be great if that line could work, but of course it doesn't everytime.

The line makes me see life as a computer game. I am in control. Whenever I want to turn off the computer I can do this. Because life is a computer game I don't take things too seriously. I just chill out and do what i want.

smackh2o

SF Supporter
That's far from proof, it's completely the opposite, it's what makes proof unattainable. It's a paradox.
Once you don't care about your problems anymore you are free to live and care about your problems. Until of course you get to a point where you don't care about life and so don't care about problems and are free to live your life and care about your problems, oh shit i've gone bog-eyed.

worlds edge

"When I reach the point in my life when I say to myself I genuinely want to commit suicide, I am effectively saying there is nothing in this whole world that I do care about.
Not really. If your life is such a painful experience its cessation will bring at least a cessation of current pain. Somehow that aspect of why people may contemplate suicide has completely eluded you.

This is because if I don't care about my life I don't care about anything at all. When I realise that saying I want to kill myself means I don't care about anything, whatever problems I may have had don't appear quite as enormous.
I disagree here as well. You may care and care a great deal and still commit suicide. Why couldn't you? It may simply be that the problems confronting you are simply so overwhelming that that you feel there's no alternative. (Whether such a thing is true or not is debatable, of course, but that doesn't mean someone couldn't feel that way.)

This is because how can I care about that problem when I don't care about anything. Once it is established that I don't care about anything I am free; free to live that is"
This doesn't make even the slightest sense unless you're a solipsist. Think what you're saying here.

ace

If people were able to just erase their pain they endure like that then why wouldn't they?:mad: Do you think people love being depressed sorry this thread makes no sense to me unless I've missed something.People try their best to relax and chill but it's easier said than done,if it was that simple as you say imagine how everyone would be feeling.:rolleyes:

Axiom

Account Closed
"When I reach the point in my life when I say to myself I genuinely want to commit suicide, I am effectively saying there is nothing in this whole world that I do care about. This is because if I don't care about my life I don't care about anything at all. When I realise that saying I want to kill myself means I don't care about anything, whatever problems I may have had don't appear quite as enormous. This is because how can I care about that problem when I don't care about anything. Once it is established that I don't care about anything I am free; free to live that is"

Guy Incognito XI 3:14
:sad: to me, thats scary. I've been there, fortunatly i flew through it. That's a stage where you can throw away responsibility, core parts of who you are, can you do rash and selfish things.. All you're doing is hideing from the truth. Denying your own truth. It's as if saying a tragic event in Time and Space didnt occour because you don't like it. I think you're, er. definatly know how it sounds when you moveon. you eventually get to that fork in the road hwere you choose to get over it and move on... but.. feeling suicide isn't like a gold ticket out of the problem. For starters, you feel suicidal. That's harsh. You want to kill your own self. I mean.. Depending on how you approach that.. if you use your logic.. you'll spiral or worse... not care and sit there idley for the rest of your life...

Once it is established that I don't care about anything I am free; free to live that is

So you're free to... care again? Yah the chains of misery don't disappear because for a moment in your life you didnt care.. It's not a switch that if you hit will wipe everything clean :S. if you don't find your own strength to conquer those parts of you that bring you down, they'll always pound you. You can blur yourself to yourself all you want but.. i donno.. cant think.. jus.. be careful with that way of thinkin

Axiom

Account Closed
:mellow: I was shaking my head at the post you had before you edited it.

If i ever did commit suicide, it would be for my reasons, and my reasons alone, not because someone says go commit suicide.

I care about alot in life. I care about my family, my friends, and alot of things that interest me. But I have a mental disorder where I can't feel connected mentally to those things anymore for some reason and it won't stop. So if I were to commit suicide, it would be because I have so much I care for, yet I can't feel them anymore.

R

Raven

Sometimes problems can’t be ignored and life can’t be left to live freely, when the simple choices we make in life start to haunt us, when we know our life is breading a bigger problem and the world would be better off without us and no matter what a lot of people say we would not be missed. When you wake up and the thought of spending another day in this world makes you nauseas and you realize that no matter what you say or do that nothing will change and nothing seems to matter much anymore then. What is the point of living? A zombie in a land of zombies? I disagree that simply not caring about the problems that plague you sets you free.

~Raven

Well I did try. At least some people have been encouraged by the paragraph. I have had dozens of private messages praising and thanking me, and that's the most important thing: helping people, so that I look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00