new decision...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Zozeebo, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zozeebo

Zozeebo Active Member

I decided that i'll "try" and tell my doctor/father's friend about my thoughts and depression
    I'll be meeting him soon to give him my blood test results
    However i decided that i'll try telling him (so scared about it )
    I problably end up just not telling him(as always) but i'm try and open up about what i'm really feeling inside
    Thx to evryone who actually cared about me and understood me i appreciate it all xx

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi my friend, I am really glad you made this decision, it is for the best :) Of course,it will be hard at first but once it is all out in the open (with the doctor) you will feel at ease and probably feel like a huge weight has been taken off your shoulders. I wish you the very best of luck and remember to tell us how it went, good luck with that and your blood test results.

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Really glad oyu are going to try. I do recommend you consider writing down the things you want ot talk about on the off chance it is easier to hand a note or read from a card than to remember when you get there. I do believe with enough information he/she can help you find a treatment plan that is effective and yields benefits and potential for more happiness. You are brave and I applaud you for your new decision. Good for you :)

4. Zozeebo

Zozeebo Active Member

Thx lynn (your name is lynn right?) I will post here and tell u how it went :)

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes it is lynn, thanks pet xx

6. Zozeebo

Zozeebo Active Member

Thx NYJmpMaster (sorry dunno your name)

7. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hi there Zo!

I am sorry to hear that you feel so low right now. It is important that you tell your doctor exactly how you feel and that you are completely honest with them. They can't help you if they don't know what is going on for you. It can be extremely scary talking to a doctor about this for the first time, but it is no different than seeing the doctor for a physical ailment and your doctor should be empathetic. If you find it difficult to talk then you may want to take a note that your doctor can read explaining your symptoms and how you are feeling.

You may want to take a look at this thread as there are some tips you can use when seeing the doctor for the first time:
    https://www.suicideforum.com/threads/depression-what-is-depression-signs-of-depression.140132/

Hope this is helpful! Hope the appointment goes well, let us know how it goes and we are here for you should you need us!

8. Zozeebo

Zozeebo Active Member

Thx butterfly i'm going to give him a note.. However i'll open the link in just a bit but thx so much​

9. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

You're welcome Zo :)

10. Zozeebo

Zozeebo Active Member

Oh Call me zoz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.