New Forum Features Activated

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
I have activated a few new features on the forum that members may have not seen before. We were waiting to activate these features until the basic troubleshooting was done to reduce possibilities of conflicts and for simplicity sake, and none of them need to be used at all- you can pretend are not there and nothing changes - but if you find them helpful or convenient-

Bookmarks - you can place bookmarks on posts / threads and maintain a set of bookmarks to easily find posts in the future

Ignore content - You can "ignore" threads, or even entire categories if you do not use them and want a more streamlined forum or simpler to navigate (particularly on smaller screens/mobile device some may find useful to turn off categories they do not use or that they find triggering.

Conversation folders - you can sort your private conversations into folders to keep things better organized or to save important conversations

All additional options become active when a new user becomes a "member" (based on 2-3 days membership, and having made posts ... same as access to profile changes , etc)

We are making tutorials to more fully explain uses of features on forum that will be done in a week or 2, but in the mean time can poke around and use as can figure out or ask questions in troubleshooting.

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Clearly the conversation folders are already a big hit! I've already made 2 different folders and I'm sure I'll make a few more in the near future.
Book marking is something I'll have to do also. Then I'll have a reminder of the things I need to go back and check once my brain starts working properly! Usually I'll check something and have every intention to go back but then it completely slips my mind. :o

Looks great so far. Thanks! :)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Yeah, but that's bookmarking the top post of a thread, not bookmarking a thread. To me, 'bookmarking a thread' means when you click on the bookmarked thread in your bookmark list, it takes you to latest post.
Got ya. Okay. Well how about you go make a pizza and quit being so picky about the forum, Daaannn?!? No, really. I have no idea. I don't use them and didn't even know that was an option before (or something people wanted haha)

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Yeah, but that's bookmarking the top post of a thread, not bookmarking a thread. To me, 'bookmarking a thread' means when you click on the bookmarked thread in your bookmark list, it takes you to latest post.
No, that is watching a thread- where it even sends an alert to let you know that the new post has been done. Bookmarking is simply to let you find it again without having to search the forum- so certainly the first post, though virtually any post in a thread lets you find it again.

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Has the bookmarking been activated?
I've been searching around.and pressing all sorts of buttons but I can't seem to find it. It's probably really obvious but can someone point out where to find it please.

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You bookmark by hitting "bookmark" at the bottom of a post - can you see this?

View attachment 16641
Aha, I now see what the issue was! Lol.
I need to be on a computer or have my phone set to desktop!
It's not set up like that on mobile devices which is why I couldn't see it! D'oh!
Thanks Lu :)

Edit - I found it in more options (which is right next to report.) It's just different on the phone but definitely there!

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00