New from Iowa

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Cannin, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cannin

Cannin Member

hello, my name is Courtney and Im from a little town in Iowa. I'm not quite sure what im suppost to be posting on here so I guess Ill just give the up date on my life. Im currently 17 years old and Ill be 18 in november (Yay) Im in my senior year at <mod edit> high school. Im a pretty good student, I have a pretty good set of grades and Im involved in Color guard (Im a guard FREAK :) ) Band (Flute, trombone, piccalo, trumpet ) and group speeck (mime and choral reading). I work at mcdonalds ( booo) and I absolutly hate it but for some reason Ive been there for going on four years. Life is pretty good for me as a whole, im very perfectionistic about what I do and how well I do it, so of course when something dosnt come out the way I want it to is when my mind starts to fall apart. I was diagnosed with depression and bipolar when I became a freashmen in high school. theres a strong history of mental illness in my family, my grandpa and cousin both comitted suicide and Ive grown up watching my mom go in and out of the hospital for attempts. I personally have been admitted to the hospital four times now for suicidal thoughts attempts and for my self harming. I've only tired to commit suicide twice, and im trying to brake out of this habit of being hospitalized every year at like the same time. I've been doing good so far and its been 3 months and 2 weeks since the last time I cut Im really proud of that:) so ... Thats me I guess. Im very open to conversation I love being able to talk to people about these kind of things because most every one I talk to are very sensitive to the topic, so please feel free to private message me : ) Thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya courtney, you sound very clever, am sorry to hear you're going through a tough time though. Feel free to post in the other sections of the forum too, welcome =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.