New girl ...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by woundedgirl, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woundedgirl

woundedgirl Member

Hi all. Wow I can't believe i found this site. Great (not nice though) that others understand my mind.
    I'm under that cloud again and can't get out. So familiar have battled depression since 19 and in my 30's now.
    It's a battle not giving up. I trust in god but often pray he'll just stop me breathing.
    Anyway I hope on good days I can give advice i know there is light at the end but i'm sick of being stuck in tunnells !!!!
    Take care all xx
  2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome! ^_^

I envy your strength...
    Please continue to fight on.
  3. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

hey woundedgirl, welcome to the forum! im sorry to hear you have been fighting depression for so long, but im glad youve found your way here and i hope we can provide you with what you are seeking! feel free to pm me if you have any questions or if you just wanna chat :)
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I am glad you found us. Take care. I am looking forward to seeing more of you around here. :hug:
  5. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF!! I hope you find the support you need. Take care. :hug:
  6. woundedgirl

woundedgirl Member

Thank you for your replies. My strenght comes from my children. It's ironic as post natal depression was my first dealing with this. Eventually that turned clinical. Am seeing a therapist and that helps sometimes but lately have been self harming more and feeling so full of anger. My father is a manic depresive but due to his violence we no longer spreak. I guess a lot of my anger is for him I blame him in a lot of ways ...
    My choice though is to be a better parent than he was, if i ever took it out on my children i'd walk.
    I don't want to destroy their lives. I hide so much from them cause kid's don't forget. I just wish I could be happier for them as they obviously see my sadness and I am often in a world of my own !!
    My husband is great but I often hurt him. He is at the end of his tether and admits he just doesn't understand and often tell me to snap out of it. If only !!
  7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I love your avatar :smile:
    I also like the positivity in your posts. Sounds like you are really trying to get better, so you will. This place is great :smile:, I'm glad you found it as well.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:

i hope you find the help and support you need here:smile:
  9. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum
  10. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

It's good that you have a strong goal to live for.

You might not be able to say much to your kids, but close family members or friends are usually willing to listen. We are also here to help.

Love your avatar, it makes me smile.
  11. woundedgirl

woundedgirl Member

Thank you all for your replies. It is a great picture. Looking at it makes me feel a breeze on my face and freedom :smile:
  12. Jasonfine27

Jasonfine27 Well-Known Member

Welcome WoundedGirl. If you ever need to talk, just PM me
  13. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

welcome to SF x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.