New guy here from OZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
Hi all :)

I'm a new poster from Sydney. When I was in my twenties I was briefly diagnosed with schizophrenia then changed to borderline PD. Now I'm in my forties and my idiot (public) shrink had diagnosed me with schizophrenia again! Anyway, as far as BPD goes, I'm mainly a recovered borderline, although I do still have (less severe) mood swings and suicidal ideation (of course!).

Looking forward to becoming part of the community :)

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
Hi :)

Have been struggling for a few weeks. I have nutty neighbours, they are stressing me out :( (I live in social housing)

Thanks for the welcome!

Inya

babaya gayolera
Damn neighbours! How are things Down Under? I hear it's freaking hot these days. Could you send a few degrees, I'm in cold Central Europe.:)

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
Yeah, we're going through a heatwave atm! Very hot and humid. Probably the worst summer I've ever experienced. I tell you what, I'll send you some heat if you send me some cold ;)

Yujin

Hi Brett! :)

Thanks for introducing yourself. I think this community is a great place for someone like you with the suicidal ideation and mood swings - it can feel pretty isolating dealing with this stuff on your own, and on this site you can meet people from all over the world facing similiar challenges.

It can be annoying, can’t it, when the doctors can’t seem to get your diagnosis right. Many doctors don’t seem to be knowledable enough about BPD manifests itself in men. In my case I very clearly meet the criteria for BPD, but was only ever formally diagnosed with depression and anxiety.

It’s interesting that you say youre a recovered borderline. Do you find that as you get older you learn to control somewhat the extreme emotions and impulsiveness associated with BP? Im in my 30s and feel that Ive improved compared to how I was in my 20s. But even for a ‘recovered’ borderline like yourself or a partly recovered borderline like myself I think it’s possible for the BP symptoms to reassert themselves with a vengence if you encounter a lot of triggers and stress. So it’s great that there’s a site like this where you can talk about and work through these feelings.

Love the city of Sydney, btw. Been there many times and it’s really beautiful :)

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
Hi Yujin. I was a mess in my twenties, really, really ill. Thirties were better and so far in my forties, things just keep improving in that my symptoms are much better. I definitely "regress" under stress. Right now I'm under a lot of stress from my neighbours (long story) and I've noticed my urges to self-harm (not suicide) have come back. I'm managing these feelings though. As for suicide, well I always have a plan, which is typical for a borderline.

In my case I was diagnosed by the psych nurses in my local hospital before the doctor, I was so obviously a borderline. BPD is still seen as a women's condition I think. Also, I'm a "quite borderline", in that I don't have a "rage" problem. I never thought I'd make it out of my twenties, yet here I am!

Glad you like Sydney. Most of the people who live here seem to moan about it all the time for some reason. I personally love it. The harbour is beautiful! I love taking the ferry from circular quay to manly, it's gorgeous.

Thanks for your welcome.

Yujin

Your situation sounds very similiar to my own. I also completely went off the rails several times in my 20s with suicide attempts/self harm/hospitalizations. Like you I look back and it’s almost miraculous I survived past 30.

You’re right about BP still often being seen as a women’s condition. I remember a psychologist once gave me a booklet with information about BP: it contained many ideas for self-soothing like going and getting a manicure or watching a rom-com movie. These tips didn’t really ‘speak’ to me as a man lol

Sorry to hear about the stress caused by the neighbors which must be quite triggering for you.

Other than the cost of rent and the ferocious funnel web spiders :) I dont know what’s not to love about Sydney. As you say, the harbour views taking the ferry trip to Manly are simply spectacular. And to think that for some lucky b###ers, that’s their daily commute!

BlueGreen

Hi all :)

I'm a new poster from Sydney. When I was in my twenties I was briefly diagnosed with schizophrenia then changed to borderline PD. Now I'm in my forties and my idiot (public) shrink had diagnosed me with schizophrenia again! Anyway, as far as BPD goes, I'm mainly a recovered borderline, although I do still have (less severe) mood swings and suicidal ideation (of course!).

Looking forward to becoming part of the community :)
Hi Brett! Well you are part of the community now! :) I really sympathise with you re the neighbours. I've had SO many bad neighbours it's unreal and so surreal if I were to say anything you'd think I was making it up. Now we are finally living in the middle of nowhere and our neighbours across the field have taken a very obviously dislike. *dunno It must be in the stars or something. But seriously, I do understand how they can make your life a living hell. Is there any hope of you moving?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Brett and welcome to SF. Glad you found us and joined. I hope being here will play a role in helping you get better, the peer to peer support here is awesome and can really help to change things for you. Take care *hug

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey there Brett :)

Greetings from Melbourne ;) There's a few of us Aussie's here but everyone is pretty amazing regardless of where they're from.

I'm glad that you found us (even though not under the best of circumstances) Feel free to share what's going on in your life and welcome to SF.

Cheers and see you round - Kira

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Oh boy! How late can I be to THIS thread? sheesh Well HI anyway. We've only talked like 5 times now but that's okay. Sending some good thoughts your way anyway, Brett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00