New guy here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Tony Walnuts, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Walnuts

Tony Walnuts Member

Hey everyone, i'm obviously new on here....ok wow, where do i begin, i joined this site because i'm a suicide surviver i guess... my fiance shot and killed herself in front of me in feb. this year, we were 3 weeks from getting married, we had a family, house, new cars, and i pretty much lost it all so the last 5 months of my life have been a living hell,....

I'd been on a downward spiral since, had problems masking pain with drugs & alcohol and rolled my car (in which i got a DUI, and arrested), my family did an intervention on me for drugs and alcohol, which got me admited into the county hospital for mental heath... the worst 72hours of my life i swear, they said i had PTSD..... i appreciate my family's effort though.

everyone tells me it gets better with time but the last five months seem like 5 years to me, this whole thing destroyed my life and i struggle everyday to coup with it (the images i constantly see from that morning replays in my head over and over again)....... anyways i'll cut it short, im glad i found this site and i hope to talk to you guys more soon

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your time on here.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :welcome:

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

That is a very sad story :(

I am glad you are still with us.

:hug:

welcome to the forums.

5. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Hello New Guy! Welcome to SF. :smile:

6. Tony Walnuts

Tony Walnuts Member

Thanks everyone..... good to know there are still people who care.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad your family intervened so you could receive some help in dealing with this traumatic event. I hope you are continuing with therapy. I know 5 months can feel like an eternity when you are feeling so horrible, but it is hardly enough time for you to grieve your loss, let alone the shock of how it happened. You will be in my thoughts. :hug:

8. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF

Hope you find what you are looking for

Sam
    xxx

9. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :D
    x

10. Tony Walnuts

Tony Walnuts Member

I haven't been to any therapy since i got out of the hospital 3 months ago, i know i should but i have this new social anxiety now, (and i've always been an outgoing social person) i'm so worried about what people might think of me, or i have proplems with the shame i feel for what my girl did.....

I work at a tattoo shop as a body piercer so i deal with tons of people all day and most of these people i've known for a long time and they all knew my girl so now after all this has happened it's hard for me to talk to them or my customers face to face, because i feel they all treat me different now and i feel they talk about me behind my back so it's really affecting my job and regular life.

I stopped the drugs and alcohol cold turkey ever since my intervention, that was a rough road to go down, plus i was mad at my family at first for making me go threw the embarrassment of an intervention... a lot of my friends and family were there and i felt really on the spot, i hated it. but in the end they were only trying to help....i have to find a way to deal with this and i have to do it quick...

Once again thanks for the warm welcomes...

11. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

WELCOME!

haha a tad bit late.. but still:smile:

my PM box is always open if you need anything

<33Rachel

12. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

i am sorry about what happened to you.

welcome to the forum!