new guy here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by PheonixBomb, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PheonixBomb

PheonixBomb Member

Have had social anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember, spent my school years mostly isolated, am very shy and quiet, low self esteem. Never really experienced what most teenagers do because of that, no parties, no dating, no girlfriends, the sad part is, I turn 21 in about five months... Lately due to the depression and the anxiety, I've been having more and more negative thoughts.

Feeling alone is the strongest feeling, can't tell my family anything because they don't believe in the concept of depression or anxiety. Which is why I joined here, this seems like a really supportive community. Don't really have any friends to hang out with, my days just consist of going to work and coming home, which just leaves the negative thoughts.

Can anyone relate?

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. There are many people here that can relate to how you are feeling. This is something you should never have to go through alone. I am glad you found us. Building a support system is crucial and you have taken that first step. :hug:

3. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Welcome to sf, you are no longer alone.

4. notte_profonda

notte_profonda New Member

Hi

I'm new here too. I totally relate to how you feel. I'm 21 and have been struggling for quite sometime now. This is my 4th year in college and I haven't had any of the 'typical' adolescent/college experiences. Hopefully we'll both find support and friends here.

Take care. :)

5. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

First of all, :hug: and welcome to SF. I am sorry that things are so hard for you right now. Hopefully when you feel you can, you will be able to talk to us a little more about what is going on for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.