new here...always been depressed.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by kevin80, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevin80

kevin80 New Member

I have come to the conclusion that I am clinically bipolar and depressed...even though I haven't been diagnosed. I feel like nothing in my life works out and always feel helpeless and lethargic...none of my friends know what to say...anyone hear wanna lend a helping ear?
  2. SoHappyItHurts

SoHappyItHurts Well-Known Member

First, you obviously need to get diagnosed so that you can get treated. (Bipolar disorder is especially difficult to self-diagnose.) I would start by making an appointment to see a therapist and a psychiatrist. I would also see a family physician and have a thyroid function (blood) test to rule out thyroid disease as a contributing factor.
  3. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

first off:welcome: to the forum
    second, i'm here all the time. if you want to talk, i'm here as a listening ear
    msn is in my profile, or you can pm me anytime
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I hope you find the answers to your questions. i do think you need to get a diagnosis from a professional instead of relying on self diagnosis There are many things they look for outside of what you find in the textbook. Make an appointment and be seen. Feel free to share with us as much as you would like. Take care. :hug:
  5. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF hun. Selfdiagnosis is very difficult, i would definantly find a therapist who can help you. Hope you will find some help and support here :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.