New here, and Im struggling

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Lizzy17, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizzy17

Lizzy17 Member

Hi, my name is Liz and I am 17.
    I have been a cutter and burner for three yrs now, and I am trying so hard to quit.
    I have a history of rape/molestation, depression, and PTSD
    I don't know how to cope anymore. And it just seems like my life continually gets worse.
    About a yr ago my mom left me and moved to TX so I moved in with my sis and her 7 kids. Last month my sis kicked me out and now I am living with my Bro who is only 20.
    I have 5 siblings and only talk to 1. The rest don't talk to me and neither do my mom and dad. My dad is in prison, and my mom is trying to force me into foster care.
    My family also hates that I am gay. I'm starting to hate it too.
    I'm really hoping that this site can save me because I think about suicide way to much, its not normal.
    I'd appreciate any insights, advice, or help.

Thanks a ton to all who read this!
  2. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

:hug: welcome to the forum Elizabeth
    I'm sorry that you've been going through so much

If you need someone to talk to, you can always Private Message me.

I hope you find the help you need
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Lizzy17 i am sorry you are struggling so much Your at a tuff age and sexual identity is so difficult then too. You are who you are but i think getting sexual councilling would help you alot to deal with your rapes and your identitiy. Until you get professional help with this issue it will be hard to stop harming yourself. You need to get help to feel good about yourself again. Is there anyone you can talk to a school councillor, a teacher , your doctor a minister or priest or just a friend. Go to the hospital emergency and let them know how you are harming yourself they will get you the support you need to stop. Take care and i am glad your here talk to us anytime okay.
  4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

Wow I'm so sorry you've had a hard life. Your family sounds like they had a lot of hard times. Being gay is nothing to be ashamed from. Don't let your family torture you. Is your brother a nice person? Maybe he can help you with what your feeling? Or maybe you have a friend you can talk to?

Please hold on, you're so young...if you need to talk, pm me, I'll answer back.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

lizzy :hug:

Why don't your family speak to you? :sad:

Were you prescribed medication following your diagnosis? If so,how did that do? Have you attended any therapy sessions?

Please tell us more about yourself Lizzy, we'd like to help :)
  6. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

Hello LIZ,
    sorry to hear of your problems. We all have problems. We need to try to solve them and not think of suicide. Suicde nevr helps. You are depressed. You need to find ways to become cheerful. I wish I could make your cheerful. I live in TX (Texas) too but I dont know if I can meet you. I come from India. I have seen problems in my family too. I have experienced pain, suffering and poverty. I understand your pain.
  7. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Welcome to SF liz. There are many here who can give you great insight and advice. I'm glad you found the forum. as for your family I basically go through the same thing. I'm bisexual and my family hates gay people. as for my dad I just never see him. It may just take time for them to come around and be more supportive of you. until that day there is all of us here to help you and help you to keep fighting on. If you want to talk to anybody you can always PM me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.