New here and need advice

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Lemondrop, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lemondrop

Lemondrop New Member

I know that introduction posts are supposed to be for just that but, I just noticed the forum says 'each new post you make will have to be approved by a moderator first...which shouldn't take longer than a few hours'. So I wanted to get both things out there rather than wait a couple of hours each time.
    My introduction: Hello, my (forum) name is Lemondrop, and I was directed here a few minutes ago by a new friend I made. I told him what my situation was and he was kind enough to point me in this direction. I hope we can all get along.

I need advice on what do, and I was hoping that I would be able to get it here. But first, my situation: I have a friend who has been having depression due to a breakup. Now I didn't think it would be so bad, but it came across as a huge shock to me when he decided to take half a bottle of pills, and post a suicide explanation video on his facebook. I did what I could- reported it to facebook, called the police, but I don't know his address, and I live at least a 9 hour drive away from him.
    It took me a while but I was able to get the police to help out by tracking his cellphone to get to his house. I waited an hour, and didn't hear anything from the police, so I called, and a lady said they would get the officers who were in charge of the case to call me back. I still haven't gotten a call back, and I'm so worried and sad. I don't if anything's happened to him, I don't know what's wrong. I don't know if he's ok, but I really hope he is. What really makes it hard to be hopeful, is the fact that he lives alone, and never has any company. What if he's just laying there unconscious?

So I wanted to know, what am I supposed to do at this point? I don't know any of his family members, and I don't even think he is in contact with them often. I'm not going to be able to go to sleep peacefully until I know what's going on, and the police aren't contacting me.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to SF , though I am sorry for the circumstances that brought you here.

It is unlikely the police will contact you with anything meaningful unfortunately as if you are not relative, emergency contact then they can not. Same goes with medical - if they took him to hospital they cannot provide information to anyone (even the police that dropped him off). All I can offer is thta you should sleep wall knowing you did all that you could do from your location and bear no responsibility fore what he did or the aftermath. In time here I have seen hundreds of similar type situations, and it is not uncommon to not hear from people for days or weeks after....even if it is (most typical) a safe end result.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun welcome to SF You have done everything you can more then most could do Your friend could be in hospital getting help have you tried to call hospital in his area and just ask for his extention or room number and see if he is in there or not. Keep calling the police ok they may not be able to say anything re privacy right of this person. Just know you have done all your could hun ok try not to worry now it is in police hands
  4. Lemondrop

Lemondrop New Member

Thank you everyone for your replies and advice. I actually got a call a few hours past midnight while I was sleeping. Does that mean anything? I called back but no one was there at the moment.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.