New here and terrified

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sushisuicide, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sushisuicide

sushisuicide New Member

Hiya. My name is sushi (here it is, anyway)
    I just had a moment. A very su moment. I had a razor, and a clenched fist, but I couldn't do it.
    I'm so scared of myself right now, and scared of being scared (if that makes any sense?) I want to be happy with myself. But I just hate me so much.

I'm extremely hormonal right now, and although I haven't been diagnosed with it, I suspect I have PMDD (as I am going to be on my period this week.)

This is my first post so it's a bit rambly and tangly.

Hugs for all
  2. Please call 911 or go to an emergency room. They will keep you safe from yourself and try to find the best way to help you. The doctors should also be able to look into PMDD.

If for some reason you do not do this, at least call 1-800-suicide (1-800-784-2433). Also, read (or re-read) the article at Metanoia for those with suicidal feelings.

It is okay to be terrified now — that is a natural reaction to near-death. It is your mind's way of telling you that you are in great danger. Do whatever it takes to get safe!
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Please call for help that way you will get the medication you need to help you through these rough times. Or just keep talking here to relieve your pain no need to harm yourself. There are lots of people here who care. I think phoning for help now will change your life for the better please get help
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

The important thing is you did not act on your thoughts. If you find yourself in crisis, please do not be afraid to call a crisis line. They can help talk you through those immediate feelings. They do offer to call for help so don't be surprised if they ask you. If you do not feel you are safe, then accept. You have taken a huge step by admitting your feelings and posting here. Thank you for your courage. We will support you in your fight to live as best we can. Welcome to our forum. :hug:
  5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

The fact that you didn't go through with what you had planned shows an inner strength that even you didn't know you have. You should be proud of yourself for stopping yourself! You know now you can do that again. I think you should seek some medical advice, from a hotline, doctor, or local hospital, though to help you manage the feelings that cause you to want to act in such a destructive manner towards yourself. Please take care, and keep talking to us, we'll help as best we can :) :hug:
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum Sushi.
    I hope you are ok. Tell us what's causing you to feel this way. You will find that many people can relate to you here. Keep reaching out for help hun xx
  7. Snipeyoas

Snipeyoas Member

do what I did, get hospitalized. Also trust me, as daisy said about relating, it WILL help a lot more than you think. You should be happy that you couldnt go all the way. Anyways, try and get help here. If it doesnt work out, go to a therapist, and if all fails, try to get hospitalized. You wont regret it =]
  8. transparent

transparent Well-Known Member

i know how you feel and i am not just making it up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.