New here but not new to the feelings

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Sasha208, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasha208

Sasha208 Member

Hi everyone,

I found this forum today, after watching my husband walk out the front door to spend the night at his new girlfriend's house. I've been perusing the forum for a few hours, finding lots of love and support. I've had suicidal thoughts most of my adult life (I'm 48) but obviously, never followed through. Not surprisingly, they creep up in times of personal or professional crisis. Last night I was trying to figure out why I want to do it, but could never take that final step. I did find an older thread that addressed these very thoughts! It was so helpful to find others that feel the same way. I even saw that a few members use the adult coloring books, which is what I started doing when my husband announced that he was done with our our marriage. I'm glad I'm not alone, thank you all for being here.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Sasha and welcome to the forum. I am glad you have found places on this site that comfort you. I am actually getting one of those adult colouring books soon (as soon as I can get to the shops). I have heard really good things about them and a lot of people get relief from them. I am sorry for what happened with your husband just know that we are here for you and will listen and help if we can. A warm welcome to you and hugs!!! (hugs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.