New here...hello.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Superstar, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superstar

Superstar New Member

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm married to an a beautiful, amazing woman who suffers from PTSD and trauma. She's been suicidal since the age of 14 and is now 28. The thing is, she's in the process of going through lots of intense therapy, but she is suicidal on and off depending on what's going on. There have been a few actual attempts since we've been together and I just don't know how to handle it.

She's done these things while I'm at work or sleeping and I'm just living with this fear that she'll do something the minute I turn away. She's very honest with me and will answer truthfully whenever I ask if she's suicidal and she does have an agreement with her therapist to call or text her before doing anything. I do trust this system because it's actually worked a few times and she's still here.

She just goes through waves of feeling horribly worthless like "what's the point". I honestly don't know what to say or what to do other than hold her while she cries or cuddle her.

Can any of you offer any type of advice to someone in my position?

2. meforeverlost

meforeverlost New Member

I do the same thing to my fiancée. it drives him insane and he never knows what to do when i get suicidal. it helps when he holds me, but even moreso that he pushes me. i think i get over it faster when he pushes me to do homework especially. i started going back to school this year and it helped to give me a sense of purpose, and when i get upset sometimes it helps to remind me that i am working towards a goal. a sense of purpose can help sometimes, and when i don't have to leave the house when i am upset, that helps too. you don't want to push too hard or in the wrong direction, be sure it is something she wants for herself so she doesn't think you are trying to change her. best of luck to you and your wife.
  3. Superstar

Superstar New Member

hi there. thanks for that input. yeah, my wife is super busy in therapy and doing lots of "processing", as we say she definitely has a purpose and something to focus on, i's just that sometimes she feels hopeless. she always tells me that she reserves the right to end her life if she wants, which of course doesn't feel good, but it's her way of feeling in control of the situation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.