New Here - Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MuchLove4God, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuchLove4God

MuchLove4God Member

Hello :peaceful: I'm new here. My name is Angel (my real name) I'm 38 and happily married. I have overcome alot of pain and dysfunction in my life. It seems like every year I learn more and get stronger. I've lived through things that I thoroughly believed would kill me. Everything I've been through has given me some serious compassion for others who may be experiencing similiar things. I have battled my whole life against suicide, self injury, and depression. I've learned how to cope with the trauma that stemmed from the physical, emmotional, and sexual abuse I have experienced in my life. I have learned to live with my adult A.D.D., my P.T.S.D. and my D.I.D I've been in recovery from alcohol and drugs since 2009. I'm not where I want to be in life yet... but thankfully I am not where I used to be. I desire "progress" not "perfection". In 2008 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. Just another chapter in my book of life... Some chapters have been thrilling and wonderful... others a complete tragedy. I've found that joy... and pain- are like sunshine and rain - I think you need both to grow. I'm here to find help and support when I need it - but maybe more importantly I am here to give help and support when and where I am able. (sidenote: Thank you for creating this forum!)

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Angel, glad to have you here :smile: Sorry to hear about what you've been through, but that's good that you have found ways to be able to deal with it. I'm sure you will find lots of support here, everyone is welcoming and you can message us or post anytime you want. :hug:

3. MuchLove4God

MuchLove4God Member

:stars: Thank you for that awesome welcome! I am so happy to have found this place.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi to hun nice to have you here

5. MuchLove4God

MuchLove4God Member

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the hello :peaceful:

6. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

Hi. So nice to meet you Angel!

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI Angel. welcome.. glad you are doing better these days. you got strength adn resolve and i love that.. glad to have you here with us now.. tc, Jim

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. It is always good to hear of people who have battled what so many of us are going through and have managed to come out on top. I hope you find what you are looking for here with us. Peer to peer support makes this forum what it is. :hug:

9. MuchLove4God

MuchLove4God Member

Thank you! Nice to meet you too, Sara - Hope you have a nice day!

10. MuchLove4God

MuchLove4God Member

Hi Jim! Thanks for a great welcome! You are right... one thing I do have is strength. TBTG!! (thanks be to God) :) This forum is such an amazing place- it is so reassuring to see so many people truly caring about each other. I love it! I just wish I had more time (and more importantly- MORE physical strength) to read and reply to posts. Have a super day!

11. MuchLove4God

MuchLove4God Member

Thanks gentlelady! It is a pleasure to be here already. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.