New here, hey guys..

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by autumn93, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autumn93

autumn93 Member

Well, hi everyone. My names Autumn, and Im suffering from some serious depression. Well, have been for the last 4 years.. Ive tried a lot of things but its an unshakable sadness i dont know how to cope with, and im hoping that maybe a support group will help, even if its online. I cant go to friends or family, its been so long that theyve stopped taking it seriously.

But Ill admit Im confused by this site. Am I allowed to talk about whats upsetting me? Cuz i dont want to trigger anyones depression by talking about it but how am i suppose to get help if i cant discuss the problem? I just dont want to hurt anyone here.
    Anyways, thank you so much for accepting me here. I really hope it helps. I look foreard to talking with you all. <3

2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome.

There are different sections set up for you to discuss what's set up for you - if you think something has potential to be triggering - just add *trigger warning* to the thread title when you start one. You'll notice that others have done so in some of their threads.

I'd recommend reading the FAQ if you haven't already - but one thing for certain, methods are a no-go as we aim to be pro-life peer to peer support. Mods will edit these out if you forget yourself, so do not panic too much if you have a hiccup.

If you need urgent help - it's best to seek professional - as peers will understand but the majority of us (if not all) are not professionally trained therapists/doctors.

3. autumn93

autumn93 Member

Thanks, that was helpful :)

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

welcome. i love your name. never heard of such a name. you can talk about whats upsetting you.

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forums.

yes you can talk about your problems here in the various sections- and you'll get a lot of support

hope you find it helpful

emily

6. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Hi Autumn,
    Welcome to SF. Check out the FAQS, if you have questions. Avoid exact methods, and the above mentioned.

It's helped me out having a safe place to vent/seek advice. I hope you find help here, and find a way to cope with your depression.

Your chump,
    Lorax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.