1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here, hey guys..

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by autumn93, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autumn93

autumn93 Member

Well, hi everyone. My names Autumn, and Im suffering from some serious depression. Well, have been for the last 4 years.. Ive tried a lot of things but its an unshakable sadness i dont know how to cope with, and im hoping that maybe a support group will help, even if its online. I cant go to friends or family, its been so long that theyve stopped taking it seriously.

But Ill admit Im confused by this site. Am I allowed to talk about whats upsetting me? Cuz i dont want to trigger anyones depression by talking about it but how am i suppose to get help if i cant discuss the problem? I just dont want to hurt anyone here.
    Anyways, thank you so much for accepting me here. I really hope it helps. I look foreard to talking with you all. <3

2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome.

There are different sections set up for you to discuss what's set up for you - if you think something has potential to be triggering - just add *trigger warning* to the thread title when you start one. You'll notice that others have done so in some of their threads.

I'd recommend reading the FAQ if you haven't already - but one thing for certain, methods are a no-go as we aim to be pro-life peer to peer support. Mods will edit these out if you forget yourself, so do not panic too much if you have a hiccup.

If you need urgent help - it's best to seek professional - as peers will understand but the majority of us (if not all) are not professionally trained therapists/doctors.

3. autumn93

autumn93 Member

Thanks, that was helpful :)

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

welcome. i love your name. never heard of such a name. you can talk about whats upsetting you.

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forums.

yes you can talk about your problems here in the various sections- and you'll get a lot of support

hope you find it helpful

emily

6. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Hi Autumn,
    Welcome to SF. Check out the FAQS, if you have questions. Avoid exact methods, and the above mentioned.

It's helped me out having a safe place to vent/seek advice. I hope you find help here, and find a way to cope with your depression.

Your chump,
    Lorax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.