New here hoping for advice

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Nobodydifferent, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobodydifferent

Nobodydifferent Well-Known Member

Hi , I'm new and I never saw myself posting something like this .. I'll keep my long story short so I don't bore everyone .. I've been depressed my whole life so this is nothing new .. This slump I'm in .. These suicidal thought .. The not sleeping not eating not anything .. But every time I get like this it seems to consume me more and more . I know I can't kill myself I have a son and my father killed himself i know what it did to me . But i just don't want to live . I feel done . Content with staring at a wall all day being alive but dead for the most part . I hate this the feeling is so miserable it true hurts ..

I don't know what I'm asking for here .. Except a magical way to get rid of this feeling that I'm dead with my eyes open ..

2. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hi, Welcome to SF, This forum is just for you then, I never saw myself posting anything on a website like this either! I thought I was a positive upbeat, never falter kind of person, then, bang boy, was I wrong, I spent 7 Weeks in a hospital, I spent 6 years on Prozac. I found out I was in denial I have been depressed most of my life. I am sorry that you are, I am glad to hear you say you can't kill yourself, that is a positive I am sorry for the loss of your father that way, I understand what it does to people. I understand the not wanting to live as well, that is a reoccurring theme in here. I understand where you are, I would like you to keep posting in here there are a lot of people here that have been or currently are where you are, You can talk to others you can read articles, You can post more about you if you want you will not bore anyone here, we like to know what is going on it makes it easier to understand where you are coming from, but you do not have to, This is a safe place to come there are concerned caring people here we support many people, we support each other and we do not judge anyone, this is a place where you can relax or vent if that is what you need to do, this room is yours and we are here to support, help and give you the help you need and ask for, We are here for you! Please take care of yourself and be gentle on yourself too! Please keep returning an talking with others here, we will try to give you a purpose not a magical one but one that you can live with!

2 people like this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum, it's nice to ''meet'' you. You have come to the right place here, we all know what it is like to feel depressed and that there is no direction to go in but with peer to peer support, I hope we can change that a bit. Keep talking to us here.

2 people like this.
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You have joined a supportive group. I am saddened by your story but never give up hope. Let's us here give you the inspiration you need to survive.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.