New here, just lost our God son...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Wink, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wink

Wink Member

New here, looking for resources to help our family deal with our loss. I see posts for people that are depressed and having problems themselves.

Is this an appropriate forum to look for grieving and recovery advice for families who have lost someone to suicide?
  2. Wink

Wink Member

Just to be clear, he was like a God son, like a nephew to me, and like a big brother to my daughters.
  3. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

I'm really sorry for your loss, yes you have come to the right place. :hug:
  4. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.. Yes, its a good place to be able to share your loss and get support. There are others here who have lost loved ones and are very understanding. :hug: hope you find the support you need.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry for your loss your daughters pain and sadness and for the families loss My hope is all can go for therapy for grief together as a family even hugs
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...there are many ppl who come here, as you have because they have lost a loved one...please continue to post and let us know how we can support deepest condolences..please PM me if I can provide any support and caring during this very difficult time...J
  7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss...suicide leaves so much pain behind..
    take great care of yourself in the early stages of grief..
    I lost a loved one to suicide too *hugs*
  8. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Hello, and welcome to SF.

I am very sorry for your loss. Yes, there are some wonderful people here that will offer you all the help you can. If you post in the "Loved and Lost" board, you will get lots of help there. :hug:
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum, Im so very sorry for your loss x
  10. Wink

Wink Member

Thank you very much for your responses. I'll be reading as much as I can to learn about this topic. It is so sad.
  11. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Hi Wink, Im so sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family.
  12. LessLife

LessLife Member

Welcome. I am also new here. I think that this is the right place to be at, i`m sorry to hear about your lose:(
  13. Wink

Wink Member

Thank you very much
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.