new here lost my sister

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by tianna09, Oct 28, 2007.

1. tianna09

tianna09 New Member

hey
    so i lost my sister about alosmot 17 weeks ago.
    i don;t know how to handle this
    any help tehre is more but has anyone else gone threw something :sad:

2. been there

been there Member

Welcome.I'm sorry to hear about your loss.I hope you find the comfort you need here.

3. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

Kindly accept compassionate thoughts from an anonymous voice, but a voice which truly feels for you and your loss.

Eventually, everyone here will go through or have already gone through losing loved ones. All of us -at one stage- have to confront a loss which turns hearts to crimson dust.

When that happened to me, - my world recoiled and ceased to exist, because it was my universe which died - I failed to ask for help!!
    The Grails question was never posed, never asked and I'm still searching for an answer...

My approach illustrates the point perfectly, that asking for help and not downplaying the significance of losing someone is vital. You have a window of opportunity dealing with your grief, delay that, and pain may metamorphose int a life-spanning question about the Why? How? What?

Good that you found this forum. Just allow those thoughts, which you haven't given a voice (yet) form their cries of pain, their screams of incomprehension, their weeps of loneliness....and eventually their whispers of understanding, that death is an inevitability everybody will have to confront one day. Just make sure, you haven't pretended the shadowed one didn't existed...Share your grief here.

4. ztara

ztara New Member

hey tianna, none cant tell you how to handle it, people are always telling me, that this helps and that helps but none of it does for me. I find a quite hour on my own with music that reminds me of Joe makes me feel better about what he chose to do. But thats me, and what works for me probally wont for you. Just give it time and keep an open mind to things people sugest to you. :smile:

If you don't mind me asking how old was your sister, and do you have any clues on what she chose to do what she did?

5. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

:sad: hello hun so sorry about your loss, i have lost many people sadly but most in the last 4 years th most recent in Feb 07 y dearest friend in a fire.
    I know the pain and suffering you mustbe going through and am happy to talk anytime, welcome to SF im sure you will find some comfort and support within this community take care x

6. Diego333

Diego333 New Member

Re: Lost My Father - We Were Close

Haven't been able to sleep for more than a couple of hours since my fathers death. I know he was older but I still never expected it. I'm not suicidal or anything just looking for support. How do you cope - hard to eat and sleep, can't stop thinking about him and it hurts my family. I try to walk it off and nothing seems to help!