New Here (short version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted in the Suicide Forum earlier; didn't see this one I guess. That post was long; this will be shorter.

I live in the U.S.; graduated from college over two years and still haven't found a full-time job. Been getting by on a couple temp jobs here and there, but everything I'd managed to save over the course of my life (I'm 25) is all but dried up now. See my other post for more details; basically I've applied for hundreds of jobs in all kinds of fields, including many that I think are beneath me as a holder of a bachelor's degree. This has weighed on me to the point that I think about ending my life every day; though I know I don't have the guts to actually do it. I know that because I've had these feelings all the way back to high school, nearly ten years now, though there was a period of a couple years in college when I was genuinely happy. So yeah...that's Me: The Short Version. Hi to everyone.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hi hun dam economy is making it hard for so many hun to get a job so just know it is not you okay I do hope in time you get some position to hold you over even until right job comes hugs to you

Hey again everyone, thanks for responding. Nothing's changed...of course it's only been a week, why would anything change? Had an interview this week for a sales position but wasn't called back for a second one. I thought the interview went well, but I guess they didn't call me back either because I've never sold anything before (though if that's the case why bring me in in the first place?) or because, like an idiot, when he asked me what I wanted to do, I foolishly told the truth and said I ultimately wanted to get into the field that my degree is in, instead of lying and saying I had no plans and would be happy to work at X Store for the rest of my life. So yeah...another screw up / failure to add to my endless list. The next step for me is probably gas stations, followed by fast food. And the joke with places like that is that while I would have a little bit of money (mostly to pay off the loans for my worthless degree), a job like that wouldn't solve any of my other problems...like being stuck in my parents basement like a child at age 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00