New ...Here....SHORTIMER

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by shortimer1973, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shortimer1973

shortimer1973 New Member

New here
    My background is
    40 yr male recent divorced...after ,18 years....I have never had a close friend....or talked to people about my concerns....I analyze everything but rarely share anything....I am now finding it more difficult to find reasons to carry on.I see people's rational in their decisions as to why live ....but living life seems too burdensome...I have not experienced a true friend type relationship.I was hoping my wife was to be that but seriously ..our relationship never became close emotionally.I have seen a counsellor but after I share my life experiences .I lose the desire to go back......

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Go back ok i know it is hard you want to just stop but if you go back and work through the thoughts the sadness and pain you will come out the other side Who is to say you won't find that true friend in another person you are still young ok you still can find another person who you connect even more so to hugs

3. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

It's always good to go back, especially after sharing experiences. Then you don't have to explain your story over and over! Good luck to you, and welcome to SF!

4. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

I am glad you are reaching out here, SF is a very good place for support. I understand what you feel about not going back to the counselor. This last time for me when we were done with the history, I told her that I have a tendency to run. I did this because I have gone for help before but not followed through. I hope you can find some support here and be able to stick it out with a counselor. The first steps are usually the hardest to complete for me. Wishing you the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.