new scared

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by soccerball, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccerball

soccerball New Member

I've never posted before but I don't know what to do...this is the most hopeless I've ever felt, I really feel like I can't go on

My therapist is on vacation; she said to contact her if I need but I don't want to bother her...but I also don't know what else to do...
  2. TaraJo

TaraJo Banned Member

I'm sure if she had to decide between you hurting yourself of you contacting her she would want you to contact her. It would probably bother her alot more if she knew you hurt yourself while she was gone.

Still, I do understand how you don't want to interfere with other peoples' lives. I'd love to be able to help and if all I can do is be a listening ear, I'd love to be that.

What seems so hopeless? Why are you hurting?
  3. soccerball

soccerball New Member

thanks for responding...

it's hard to sum up but i'll try

in Jan. I was diagnosed with anorexia, had to stop working, started seeing a therapist, nutritionist, drs, etc...and even though it was incredibly hard, i gained weight and started to get my life back, and even recently went back to work

however, the last month things have started going depressed, having a hard time getting out of bed, hating how i look, not finding pleasure in anything, and nothing seems to help

this past week has been truly awful, i feel that i have no options, nothing makes the pain go away...and the worst part is i know that the only person that can really make this all stop and go away is me, and i'm too weak to change anything...i don't want to live like this anymore

hope that wasn't too much info...thanks
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm glad you found SF. Great place to find help and support. There is a forum for eating disorders that you may want to check out. Also one for Depression. Read some of the posts and maybe get a few helpful hints and resources from there. When I was in the pward my roommate was a young lady who was anorexic. I spent 6 weeks with her so I know the effort and hard work that went into your weight gain. You should be very proud of yourself. And hun when you look in the mirror dont look at the outside you. Stare really hard into the reflection of your eyes in the mirror. Look inside and see the strong person that you are. You are a fighter as your weight gain and return to work proves. You are moving forward. And every single person slips along the way. So think of this as a slip and find some help and support. You are trying to fight a monster all alone. Please dont. Others here can help and support you. Good luck!
  5. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Just talk, you wont be bothering I promise. You can pm me if you like. :) welcome to SF dear :hug:

Take care and be safe,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.