new here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MdngtRain, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MdngtRain

MdngtRain Well-Known Member

hey. um, not sure how to intro myself. I'm just looking for a place to get some support as I pointed my wife in the direction of another forum I frequented because I thought some of the topics may be helpful to her. There's some stuff I look for support on that I don't want her to necessarily see... I dunno how often I will be back here though... not feeling very safe anywhere on the internet lately (too easy for her to figure out where I've been and I don;t want to worry her too much).
    anyway. yeah. hi...

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi MdngtRain if you are afraid of you wife knowing who you are you can change your user name ok I hope you continue to reach out here when you can Welcome to SF

3. MdngtRain

Thanks.
    I know it's stupid, but I can't think of a name she wouldn't figure out... (and they all show up as options in the user id field when you just click on the empty box if you want to see all possible id's used to log in to forums on a specific computer).
    I think I may take some time to read what other people have written now. Thanks again for the welcome.

4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Hi. Welcome to SF.

This line stood out for me - would it not be an idea to try communicating with her first? She could be the rock of support that you physically have around you, as well as having us here. But that's just a personal opinion - you might not agree with it (which is ok - there is no right or wrong in terms of agreeing/disagreeing).

As for the user id's - to my knowledge they only appear if you have the "Auto-Complete" feature on - i'm not sure how to find it to turn it on/off though.

And even if she found your user id - there's a feature for a members private diary that only you can see - other than forum moderators/senior moderators/admins. I'm sure it'd be a worthwhile consideration.

Hope you can find the support you're looking for whilst here though :)

5. MdngtRain

we talk about a lot of stuff, but some things just end up needlessly worrying her. I will have to look into the private diary thing, sounds intriguing. thanks

6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Welcome MdngtRain.. Hope you and your wife figure out a way for you to be on this website... Lots of good people here..we would love to get to know you and help some!!!! Jim

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi MdngtRain and welcome to SF. This place is pretty good for privacy...I use the same screen name all over the internet, and no one from my personal life has found me. I doubt they know anything about what's really going on with me. I'm sure that you will find great help and support here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.