New here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by WRF, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WRF

WRF New Member

I'm new. I've tried repeatedly since 4th gr. to commit suicide, due to an extremely abusive childhood. I'm now middle aged & wish I'd died long ago. I've been hospitalized very briefly more than once. I've been on Rx for years, see my GP regularly, & saw a good psychologist for 11 yr. No kids, tired of working hard to help others through community volunteer work, & being unemployed/underemployed. High IQ, 100% bored with life. No BFF.
  2. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Welcome to this forum. I hope you find it useful. You may find a lot of people here who have backgrounds similar to what you describe.

Best wishes..
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Be re-assured that you have to a place of comfort where nobody will judge you but just be supportive and kind. Take care.
  4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi WRF, pleased to meet you and am sorry to hear about your childhood. SF is a good place for cyber-connecting with others who can appreciate at least a part of what you're going through, and share insights which have helped them. Life is not what it should have been for so many, so we need to find ways where we can see we're able to climb out of the pit our inheritance gave us into something better. New starts and hope are available to be received, however whimsical this might sound - if you are bored with life as you've experienced it so far, it can be looked as an opportunity to see it from a different perspective. I'm on the journey myself and have discovered the path, learning from a very wise mentor - I can PM you his details if you'd like :)
  5. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

hi there WRF there are lots of ppl here that can relate to you... including myself. i'm sorry that you went through the things you did, nobody deserve it.. but, i'm glad you found this place.. people here can be a great help. hope to see you chatting with us soon! take care and be safe!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.