New here!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Bob45, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob45

Bob45 New Member

Hello all,
    New poster here from Yorkshire, England. I saw my doc yesterday and told her I was suicidal again. She kind of freaked out and contacted the local NHS crisis team at the mental health unit of my hospital. I got a call from them an hour later at home, and they asked if I could see them straight away. I declined and said I can see them the next day (today). I was worried they were going to section me under the mental health act!
    Anyway the meeting went okay, and I do feel a bit better. I was expecting them to put me in touch with a therapist or perhaps a self help group or something, but apparently it does not work that way any longer. I will need to see doc again and explain my issues and she will then decide best action. For moment though I'm okay, my thoughts of suicide come and go.......

2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Hi Bob: welcome aboard.

Did you want to start seeing a Therapist?

3. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hey Bob, welcome to SF :hug:

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to SF Bob :) I hope you get the best treatment possible for your illness and we'll be here to help you throughout the way :)

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Glad crisis team was able to help some glad your thoughts have gone as well just want to say hi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.