New Here

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ninfan, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninfan

ninfan New Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm new here. I wanted to find a place where I could share how bad I feel and find others. I don't have a lot of support in "real life." My mom is undiagnosed bipolar and I dont fit in with my two siblings. I've dealt with suicidal thoughts for my whole life. I dont remember there being a time that I wasn't sad. I was abused as a kid, and I feel like its all my family thinks of when they see me, "the girl that got abused." I dont want to keep living, and I dont know what else to do, so I came here.

2. RandomL

RandomL Member

Welcome to SF. I hope that you find the forum resourceful; there are plenty of people who may be able to relate to your situation.

If you ever need to talk, I'm free.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you have had a hard life and that you don't have much support from people offline. There are supportive people here and you can talk about things without being judged. I hope being here will be helpful for you.

4. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum ninfan, I hope you can get some good support for what you are going through.

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are suffering now and what happened in the past. What happened to you in the past is NOT YOUR FAULT as you were young and had no chance of fighting back. No doubt this horrible experience has had a major impact on your life.

Like I say to others you are a SURVIVOR and please re frame from acting on your feelings. You have to remain strong and deal with life on a minute by minute basis.
    You are important to us and never forget that. You need to remain strong and take virtual hand we offer to get you through this dark period of your life.

Be strong and most important be strong.

6. ninfan

ninfan New Member

Thanks for all the replies. Its nice to just come here and be validated. Im glad there are others who deal with these feelings. It feels good to know Im not alone.

7. kalliela

kalliela Active Member

I know someone with that license plate, ninfan, I wonder if I know you btw I have seen them live 8 times

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Ninifan, unfortunately I can relate regarding the sexual abuse. I live in a village where gossip is at its worst and ''i am the girl that was raped'' so I can easily relate to what you are feeling, :hugs: welcome and I hope you stick around :)

9. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Welcome :) glad you're here. Here if you want to talk. Don't give up

10. ninfan

ninfan New Member

@Kalliela Not me but I wish it was! Lol. I have only seen them a few times, but they're my favorite.
    @Petal Has it been hard to overcome the stigma? I'm not even sure what to do about it.

11. kalliela

kalliela Active Member

I met NIN when they first came out at some listening party..signed an album for me and for some dumb reason, I gave it to a friend.:p. my friend has a license plate that is your username..she always says that she worries someone will steal them off her car whenever she goes to a show.

Not to get off topic but what are your fave songs? Mine are A Warm Place, Great Below...The Day the World Went Away...it's like ear therapy..you know what I mean;).

you aren't a label..it doesn't define you...you're ninfan, who happens to have had some things happen to you..like many of us here I am guessing. But that doesn't define your whole being..you know what I mean? And if others perceive you in whatever way..that's their deal..and probably have their own stuff going on to where they think in that way/a limited way..if that makes sense. What matters is what you think of you..and I haven't met you but I know you got good taste in music..so you are already awesome to me..and I know what we would be doing if hanging out...listening to the newly released Fragile instrumentals?

again..not to get too off topic there

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.